How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Claiming compensation for care home neglect

    Claiming compensation for care home neglect

    As we get older there is a bigger chance we will need assistance of some kind on a daily basis. This assistance can vary from needing help with cooking and preparing meals to needing help getting dressed in the morning. In many cases the assistance will be needed if an individual is to continue living a relatively normal life. However in some cases a little assistance is not enough and a better quality of life can be attained if the person moves into a care home.

    Unfortunately while it is rare, there are incidences where care home neglect can seriously affect the quality of life experienced by that person. Negligence is thankfully uncommon but there is the potential for it to happen in a care home setting. Trips and falls can occur as a result of inaction by members of staff and the conditions experienced by an individual resident can also be below par. This situation is all about negligence and if this does occur it can vastly reduce the quality of life of the person involved. This in turn can lead to depression, stress and a variety of other conditions and health problems.

    Are you in a position to consider a compensation claim?

    It is vital to remember that this type of situation is rare. However, if you feel you have been the victim of care home neglect and you know you have evidence to prove this, you can seek advice on compensation to see if you have a case you can bring before a court.

    This also applies if you have a relative who you believe has suffered in this way. Proof of negligence must be present in order to be able to bring such a case but this is something a professional injury compensation lawyer can assist you with.

    Contact Accident Advice Helpline to determine whether you can bring a case

    Being in this type of situation can be both stressful and emotional. That’s why it is best to contact the experts at AAH by calling our free 24/7 enquiry line on 0800 689 0500 for more information. We can advise you on whether you are in a good position to bring a no win, no fee** claim against those who may be responsible for neglect. Take charge now and discover the facts of your situation. We are here to help and support you through this process.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Date Published: July 12, 2014

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.