How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Claiming compensation for campylobacter poisoning

    Claiming compensation for campylobacter poisoning

    Campylobacter is a strain of bacteria which is a common cause of food poisoning. The symptoms may include vomiting, diarrhoea, nausea and stomach cramps but may vary depending on how much of the poisoned food is consumed. Fever may be experienced, but symptoms usually disappear after a few days of rest if the infection is mild.

    If you experience symptoms of fever which last longer than a few days or you think you are suffering from dehydration, you may need treatment from a doctor. This bacteria is mainly found in raw meat, particularly poultry, but it can also be found in untreated water or unpasteurised milk. Animals can also transmit the infection to people.

    People who work on farms or in the meat industry may be more susceptible to contracting the infection, but it is also commonly spread when food is undercooked. Cooking meat thoroughly ensures that the bacteria is killed off or becomes harmless to humans which is why food safety and hygiene is so important in restaurants and at home.

    If you have suffered food poisoning, think about the places you have eaten and what foods you have consumed over the last few days. If you think it may be contributed to a restaurant or other food establishment, they may have lapsed in food hygiene. Should you be thinking of claiming compensation for campylobacter poisoning, you can contact Accident Advice Helpline for help.

    Food poisoning and hygiene laws

    Food hygiene legislation is in place to protect the public from potential bouts of food poisoning. This means that all establishments serving food have a responsibility to identify the places where food could become contaminated and to control the hazards.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Keeping a clean establishment at all times helps and following cooking, storing and preparation guidelines can prevent the spread of food poisoning. Should you be considering claiming compensation for campylobacter poisoning, you can contact Accident Advice Helpline for advice.

    How we can help you

    Accident Advice Helpline can assist you in making a compensation claim for an illness suffered because someone else was negligent.

    If you have eaten out recently and other people in your party suffered food poisoning, there is a good chance that it came from the restaurant you chose.

    Contact us on our free 24-helpline to discuss making a compensation claim for your suffering on: 0800 689 0500 from a landline or: 0333 500 0993 from a mobile.

    Date Published: November 13, 2014

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.