How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Claiming compensation for bicycle and car collisions

    The government are currently considering changes to legislation which could mean that motorists are automatically held responsible if involved in a bicycle and car collision. If and when this happens, it won’t matter who is at fault when a bicycle and car collision occurs, it will be the driver of the vehicle’s fault.

    As things stand currently, it is usually up to the police to determine who was at fault for a collision. If you or someone you love have been injured whilst cycling on the UK’s roads, you may be able to make a claim for personal injury compensation.

    The number of cyclists on our roads is growing and this is leading to a rising number of cycling accidents. Between March 2013 and March 2014, 1,750 people died in collisions on Britain’s roads; that’s a rise of 4% on the previous year.

    Whilst the government can take steps to make our roads safer, it’s clear that attitudes towards cyclists also have to change and drivers of other vehicles have to be more patient when sharing the road with those travelling on two wheels.

    Have you been injured in a bicycle and car collision?

    If you or a member of your family has been injured in a crash whilst riding a bike, you could be eligible to make a claim for compensation, depending on who is at fault for the accident. In road traffic accidents where injury occurs, the police will be involved and will carry out their own investigations.

    Open Claim Calculator

    If it turns out you have been injured as a result of somebody driving negligently, you could contact a personal injury lawyer and make a claim for compensation. There’s usually a three year time limit in place to do this though, so don’t miss out.

    How to make a claim

    No matter how you have been injured, get in touch with Accident Advice Helpline today. Because we’re open 24/7, we’re always here to offer confidential, no-obligation advice and all our personal injury lawyers work on a 100% no win, no fee basis. So our services are affordable to everyone and there are no nasty surprises when it comes to upfront legal fees.

    You might already have decided to make a claim, or you may be weighing up your options and have questions about the process. Either way, there’s no pressure; so get in touch today and we’ll normally be able to tell you straight away if you have a viable claim. It’s free to call us and we’re here 24/7 to take your call.

    Date Published: November 16, 2014

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.