How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Claiming compensation for an accident in a pub

    With wine, beer and spirits flowing freely and people usually distracted by having a good time with their friends, it’s perhaps no surprise that accidents can happen in pubs. From tripping downstairs to falling off a seat and injuring yourself, there are plenty of things that could go wrong. It’s all very well drinking too much and stumbling downstairs, falling over in the process, but what if your accident wasn’t caused by alcohol? What if a negligent pub landlord or manager has failed to spot hazards that have caused your accident? Here are just a few examples of the types of accidents that have the potential to occur in a pub:

    • Slip, trip or fall – for example tripping on a loose floorboard or slipping on spilled drinks
    • Cutting yourself on broken glass that hasn’t been cleared up
    • Food poisoning from dining at the pub
    • Electric shock from a hand dryer in the bathroom
    • Illness caused by unhygienic conditions

    If you have been affected by any of the above or have suffered an injury after another type of accident in a pub, the good news is that you can consider claiming compensation for an accident in a pub if the owner or staff have been negligent.

    What is negligence?

    Pub owners, in fact owners of any business that is open to the public, such as shops, restaurants etc. have a duty to ensure that their premises are safe. This includes carrying out the appropriate risk assessments, employing suitable members of staff and training them, spotting hazards and rectifying them and ensuring that their building and equipment is well-maintained. If they fail to do any of these things, they could be deemed negligent, and could be breaching the Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999 or the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974. If you are injured as the result of their negligence, you might consider claiming compensation for an accident in a pub.

    Get in touch with Accident Advice Helpline

    Here at Accident Advice Helpline, helping customers to claim the compensation they deserve is what we do. It’s what we have been doing since 2000, and we like to think we’re very good at it – we have hundreds of satisfied customers and a recommendation from TV personality and UK consumer champion Esther Rantzen as proof. So why not get in touch with us today to see how we can help you claim compensation for your pub accident? You can discuss your situation in full with a member of the team 24/7 on our freephone helpline, and we’re here to offer confidential, no-obligation advice.

    Date Published: October 30, 2014

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.