How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    How to claim workplace burns compensation

    Burns are amongst the most common injuries to be sustained in accidents at home, but they’re actually surprisingly common in the workplace too! If you’ve suffered burns whilst working in a factory, the construction industry, the hospitality industry or in any other job, you could find yourself eligible to make a claim for workplace burns compensation.

    It’s unlikely you’ll be able to claim workplace burns compensation if you were simply being careless at work, but a lack of training, faulty equipment or an unsafe workplace could mean your employer is liable for your injuries. Accident Advice Helpline has successfully helped hundreds of workers to claim compensation for burns sustained at work – we could help you too, and it’s free to get in touch to find out more.

    What type of accident caused your burns?

    Perhaps you work in agriculture and have suffered chemical burns after being exposed to toxic chemicals. If your employer hasn’t provided safety training in the handling of these chemicals, protective equipment or labelling for chemical containers, they could be ordered to pay you compensation for your injuries. Or maybe you work in a coffee shop and have suffered burns after being scalded by hot water from a faulty coffee machine.

    If an electrical fire breaks out in your office, you could suffer serious second or third-degree burns which require emergency medical treatment – and it’s your employer’s responsibility to ensure electrical equipment at your workplace is safe to use.

    Claiming personal injury compensation could be possible if somebody else’s negligence has led to your injuries, but don’t stress out over expensive legal fees. We offer a 100% no win, no fee** service and we’re confident that we can get you the compensation you deserve, whether you have suffered first or third-degree burns.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Quality of life

    Life-changing injuries such as third-degree burns can seriously affect your quality of life. So if you are badly scarred after a fire at work and find it hard to go out in public, or have suffered a life-threatening infection such as sepsis, we’re here to help. Call Accident Advice Helpline on 0800 689 0500 and you’ll be able to get answers to any questions you have about the personal injury claims process. Most claims can be processed in full over the phone and our advisors offer confidential advice. There’s no obligation to go ahead with a claim, if you decide this isn’t the right next step for you.

    Date Published: September 25, 2015

    Author: Paula Beaton

    Category: Burn injury claims

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.