How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    How to claim work placement injury compensation

    Work experience is a great way to get experience in the industry of your choice, and going on a work placement is a popular choice for teenagers still at school or university students – yet anyone of any age can technically benefit from work experience. Although you won’t be paid like an employee when you’re on a work placement, it’s still up to the company you are working for to keep you safe at work, and if you have an accident whilst you’re on your placement, you could claim work placement injury compensation.

    A dangerous industry?

    It might be that your work placement is in a ‘dangerous’ industry such as construction, manufacturing or agriculture. It really depends on the environment you’re working in, but you need to be supervised and given health and safety training to reduce your risk of being involved in an accident. For example, if you are undergoing a work placement on a construction site, you wouldn’t normally be allowed to work at height unless absolutely necessary, and a risk assessment would need to take place to identify what safety equipment was needed.

    If you’re injured and you feel that the company you’re working for hasn’t taken steps to keep you safe at work, you could claim work placement injury compensation. Accident Advice Helpline’s team of expert personal injury advisors offer confidential advice and are on hand to answer any questions you might have before you decide whether or not to make a claim.

    It could be that you’ve been injured whilst on a work placement in an office or a retail environment – although these are considered less hazardous places to work, accidents can still happen. Should you be injured, you have the same rights as a paid employee to claim compensation for your pain and suffering.

    How serious are your injuries?

    You may have been lucky enough to escape your accident with cuts and bruises, but if you have been more seriously injured, for example suffering broken bones or a head injury, you definitely need to consider making a claim for compensation. Accident Advice Helpline is here to help any young person injured on a work placement get the compensation they deserve. Our professional personal injury lawyers will support you throughout the claims process and because we work on a 100% no win, no fee** basis, you can afford to make a claim no matter what your personal circumstances. Call us today on 0800 689 0500 to find out more or get the ball rolling on your claim.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Date Published: September 29, 2015

    Author: Paula Beaton

    Category: Accident at work claim

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.