How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    How to claim volunteer injury compensation

    Volunteer work is really rewarding – not only is it a great way to gain experience in a role you’re interested in, it’s also a way of giving back to the community and doing something for others. Research shows that volunteering can help to relieve depression and boost self-esteem; another great reason to volunteer in your local community. Whether you’re litter picking, fundraising or helping out at a local allotment, volunteering can be great fun, but there is the potential for accidents to happen at any time. You might want to consider claiming volunteer injury compensation with Accident Advice Helpline if you have been injured whilst carrying out your duties.

    What sort of accidents could happen?

    These are just a few examples of the types of accidents which Accident Advice Helpline has handled volunteer injury compensation claims for:

    • Slip, trip or fall whilst volunteering in a charity shop or door-to-door fundraising
    • Injured by faulty gardening equipment whilst helping out at an allotment
    • Lacerations or injuries from sharp objects or dirty needles whilst litter picking
    • Scalds or burns from hot food and drinks whilst volunteering at a soup kitchen or homeless shelter

    It may be that your accident was due to your own carelessness, but equally it could be that your employer has been negligent. For example, if you have been injured by sharp objects whilst litter picking, it could be because your employer didn’t provide you with proper training or personal protective equipment to keep you safe. In cases like these, you could be eligible to make a claim for compensation.

    Are you eligible to make a claim?

    Even if you’re not being paid by your employer, you are still classed as an employee, albeit a volunteer, and your employer has a responsibility to keep you safe at work. So if you’re injured in an accident whilst volunteering, they could be held liable. Whether you have suffered a minor injury after a slip or trip or been left with scars after a burn injury, you could make a claim with Accident Advice Helpline.

    Just call our freephone helpline on 0800 689 0500 and find out if you’re eligible to make a claim – we offer a 100% no win, no fee** service to all our customers. Our expert personal injury advisors are on hand to offer confidential advice and there is no obligation to proceed with a claim, so you can call us for answers to any questions you have about the personal injury claims process.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Date Published: September 29, 2015

    Author: Paula Beaton

    Category: Accident at work claim

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.