How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    How to claim town hall injury compensation

    Whatever your reasons for visiting your local town hall, the last thing you expect to happen whilst you’re there is to be involved in an accident that leaves you injured. But strictly speaking, you put yourself at risk of injury every time you leave the house and are in a public place, although most of us don’t think about these things every second of every day.

    If you have been injured at your local town hall, suffering in silence isn’t really your best option. Somebody else could be liable for your accident, and if they are, you could make a claim for town hall injury compensation with Accident Advice Helpline. Not only do our personal injury lawyers provide a 100% no win, no fee* service, but we have also been recommended by our patron, TV personality Dame Esther Rantzen, for our excellent customer service. Why would you trust anyone else with your claim?

    What’s happened to leave you injured?

    Before you make your claim for town hall injury compensation, we’ll need to know a bit about how your accident happened and what injuries you’ve sustained, and our lawyers will usually liaise with your GP or hospital staff to get copies of any medical records relating to your injuries. Here are a few examples of claims we have dealt with in the past:

    • Tripping down slippery or damaged steps outside the town hal
    • Slipping on a wet floor (that has just been mopped), suffering back, neck and ankle injuries
    • Objects falling from height whilst building work is being carried out, resulting in spinal and head injuries
    • Scalded by somebody spilling hot tea/coffee
    • Electric shock from a faulty light switch or hand dryer in the town hall’s toilets

    Your injuries may be minor – such as bruises, strains or sprains – or you may have suffered a life-changing injury such as a head injury or spinal injury.

    Claiming the compensation you deserve

    The good news is that if somebody else is liable for your accident – for example if town hall staff failed to display a ‘wet floor’ warning sign and you slipped and fell – then you could make a claim for personal injury compensation within three years of your accident. You can call Accident Advice Helpline on 0800 689 0500 for confidential advice from our expert advisors, and there is no obligation to go ahead with a claim; it’s totally up to you what happens next. Did we mention it’s free to call and our lawyers work on a 100% no win, no fee* basis?

    Open Claim Calculator

    Date Published: October 26, 2015

    Author: Paula Beaton

    Category: Accident in a public place

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.