How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you receive medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • **Required

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    How to claim student halls injury compensation

    How to claim student halls injury compensation

    Living in student halls at university is a once-in-a-lifetime experience that most students don’t want to miss out on. For many students, it’s their first time away from home and their first taste of independence; unfortunately it’s not always a positive experience. With so many students under one roof, you could be injured if you’re involved in an accident whilst living in halls, and Accident Advice Helpline has helped hundreds of students claim student halls injury compensation since 2000.

    At least you know there will be no expensive legal fees to pay when you make a claim with us, as our lawyers work on a 100% no win, no fee** basis, leaving you more of your student loan for socialising.

    Accidents in halls – how does that happen?

    Living in halls, you come across some of the same risks that you would living in rented accommodation. Except this time it’s up to the university, not your landlord, to ensure that your accommodation is safe. You could be injured by broken or damaged furniture in your room – such as a bed or chair with sharp edges. You could be electrocuted, scalded or burned by faulty electrical appliances in your shared kitchen, such as a faulty kettle or toaster. You could even suffer injuries after slipping on a wet floor in the communal hallway or bathroom after somebody else has failed to clean up after themselves.

    In all these cases, somebody else is responsible for your accident, whether that’s one of your fellow students or the university itself. So you could claim student halls injury compensation, whether you have suffered cuts and bruises, electric shock or even broken bones after an accident whilst living in student halls.

    Time off your studies

    If you’re seriously injured after an accident in halls – for example if you suffer a head injury after falling down a flight of stairs – you might find you’re unable to return to your studies, impacting your future. Accident Advice Helpline will take this into account when working out your personal injury settlement. Our lawyers and advisors have years of experience, so don’t be afraid to call us on 0800 689 0500, to talk about your accident and get confidential, no-obligation advice.

    It’s free to call and it’s totally up to you whether you want to proceed with a claim – the good news is that it’s unlikely you’ll have to go to court, as we can process most claims over the phone.

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading name of Slater and Gordon UK Limited, a company registered in England & Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 125 446 327, registered office 50/52 Chancery Lane, London WC2A 1HL and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority and authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority for insurance mediation activity.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.