How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    How to claim seafront fall compensation

    Everybody loves the seaside – sandcastles, swimming, fish and chips and hopefully some sunshine too, although the British weather can be notoriously unpredictable! One thing most of us don’t expect when enjoying a day out at the seaside though is to be injured in an accident. Seafront falls are all too common, particularly amongst the elderly and children, who could be left seriously injured and with a viable claim for seafront fall compensation.

    If somebody else is at fault for your accident – for example, if you have tripped on damaged pavement and fallen or you have fallen due to a faulty handrail at the seafront – Accident Advice Helpline’s team of personal injury lawyers could help you make a claim for seafront fall compensation, on a 100% no win, no fee** basis.

    What caused your fall?

    Whilst many people will simply suffer minor injuries from a fall, such as cuts and bruises or a sprain, there is the potential for more serious injuries to occur, particularly if you fall from height or if you are an elderly person. Over the years Accident Advice Helpline has helped a number of people to claim seafront fall compensation – here are a few of the claims we’ve dealt with:

    • Child falling through railings at the seafront and suffering head injuries and broken bones
    • Railing collapse on steps at the beach
    • Slip or trip on uneven pavement on the promenade or a broken step
    • Falling from a damaged pier into the water
    • Falling off a bicycle after hitting a pothole on the promenade
    • Slipping on icy steps

    Elderly people are more likely to suffer serious injuries such as broken bones (hip fractures are a common injury amongst older people) as their bones are more brittle. These types of injuries can take a long time to heal and may never fully do so, affecting mobility and the ability to be independent.

    Claiming on behalf of somebody else

    If your child or an elderly relative has been injured at the seaside, you could make a claim for compensation on their behalf – in most cases you will be claiming compensation from the local council, who are responsible for maintaining the area to a safe standard. Accident Advice Helpline’s expert personal injury advisors can answer any questions you have about the claims process or tell you if you have a viable claim – just call us on 0800 689 0500 today.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Date Published: October 26, 2015

    Author: Paula Beaton

    Category: Accident in a public place

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.