Schools are hives of activity, from school staff to pupils and parents – they’re busy places and that means there is always the potential for an accident to happen. Schools also usually have a variety of electrical equipment for pupils to use, from tablets to PCs and printers. But did you ever stop to think about the potential that you could be injured in an electrical accident at school? Whether you work as a teacher or member of staff or are the parent of an injured child, claiming school electric shock compensation is a possibility if it has been three years or less since your accident.
How did your accident happen?
Faulty electrical equipment, such as a faulty PC or laptop, could easily cause an electric shock, but it’s not just faulty products that could cause injury. Faulty or damaged power sockets in the school could cause an electric shock, whilst damaged battery packs or chargers also have the potential to cause injury. The seriousness of electric shock depends on the voltage of electricity – most power sockets are low voltage, and the most common injury caused is burns to the skin. In the case of younger children in a school, burns around the mouth are a commonly seen injury, caused by biting or chewing power cables. The school could be held liable in the event of an accident like this, and ordered to pay school electric shock compensation.
Of course, it could be that you have been injured whilst working in a school – and again it’s up to your employer (the school) to ensure that you’re safe at work. Which means you could claim compensation whether you have suffered electrical burns or other, more serious injuries after receiving an electric shock from a faulty device or socket. Accident Advice Helpline can help you claim compensation without charging you a penny upfront, as our personal injury lawyers work on a 100% no win, no fee** basis.
How serious are your injuries?
It makes sense that the more serious your injuries, the higher your personal injury settlement is likely to be. But that doesn’t mean you can’t make a personal injury claim for a minor electric shock injury such as burns to your hand. In fact, Accident Advice Helpline encourages anyone who has been injured to get in touch with us on 0800 689 0500, to find out if you have a viable claim.
Date Published: October 28, 2015
Author: Paula Beaton
Category: Electric shock injury claims