How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    How to claim school electric shock compensation

    Schools are hives of activity, from school staff to pupils and parents – they’re busy places and that means there is always the potential for an accident to happen. Schools also usually have a variety of electrical equipment for pupils to use, from tablets to PCs and printers. But did you ever stop to think about the potential that you could be injured in an electrical accident at school? Whether you work as a teacher or member of staff or are the parent of an injured child, claiming school electric shock compensation is a possibility if it has been three years or less since your accident.

    How did your accident happen?

    Faulty electrical equipment, such as a faulty PC or laptop, could easily cause an electric shock, but it’s not just faulty products that could cause injury. Faulty or damaged power sockets in the school could cause an electric shock, whilst damaged battery packs or chargers also have the potential to cause injury. The seriousness of electric shock depends on the voltage of electricity – most power sockets are low voltage, and the most common injury caused is burns to the skin. In the case of younger children in a school, burns around the mouth are a commonly seen injury, caused by biting or chewing power cables. The school could be held liable in the event of an accident like this, and ordered to pay school electric shock compensation.

    Of course, it could be that you have been injured whilst working in a school – and again it’s up to your employer (the school) to ensure that you’re safe at work. Which means you could claim compensation whether you have suffered electrical burns or other, more serious injuries after receiving an electric shock from a faulty device or socket. Accident Advice Helpline can help you claim compensation without charging you a penny upfront, as our personal injury lawyers work on a 100% no win, no fee** basis.

    How serious are your injuries?

    It makes sense that the more serious your injuries, the higher your personal injury settlement is likely to be. But that doesn’t mean you can’t make a personal injury claim for a minor electric shock injury such as burns to your hand. In fact, Accident Advice Helpline encourages anyone who has been injured to get in touch with us on 0800 689 0500, to find out if you have a viable claim.

    Date Published: October 28, 2015

    Open Claim Calculator

    Author: Paula Beaton

    Category: Electric shock injury claims

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.