How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    How to claim roadworks accident compensation

    No one likes travelling in an area where roadworks are taking place, purely because they can add time on to your journey. However while they can understandably cause delays, they are usually quite safe to travel through, providing everyone travels at the posted speed and does nothing to put the lives of anyone else in danger.

    Of course, just as accidents can happen at any time and anywhere, so accidents may have the potential to occur when roadworks are underway as well. The people who are managing the roadworks have a duty of care to ensure they are as safe as possible, and pose no risk to any road user who is travelling through the area. If this is not the case, there could be an argument to make for roadworks accident compensation.

    How might roadworks become dangerous?

    When roadworks are present there should be appropriate signage to indicate where the traffic should go in each direction. If lane changes are required, these should be well signed and clear to every driver. If there are few or no signs in place, or the lanes have not been cordoned off or indicated clearly enough, there could be a possibility of getting roadworks accident compensation.

    Roadworks should be signed before you reach them too, so you are not in a position where you suddenly find yourself on top of a confusing change to the road ahead. If this were to happen to you and you had an accident as a result, you might be able to put in a claim for roadworks accident compensation.

    Do you need legal advice?

    If you’ve been in a road accident involving roadworks, it is always wise to seek no-obligation legal advice. You may well recover from your injuries in time, but you may have a good argument to make to claim roadworks accident compensation, no matter how bad (or not) your injuries are. Even bruising and whiplash may result in a claim being made if you have a good case.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Calling Accident Advice Helpline will get you the advice you need, just when you need it. Call us on 0800 689 0500 and you can find out whether your position may warrant a claim to be made. If it reaches a successful conclusion you could receive compensation as a result, so give our team a call now to see whether this could work for you.

    Date Published: November 30, 2015

    Author: Allison Whitehead

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.