How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    How to claim residential home accident compensation

    Residential homes are run to the highest of standards to ensure all those living in them can receive the care and attention they require. While health and safety rules are in force in many workplaces, they are just as important in places such as residential homes. Elderly people can potentially be at greater risk of having an accident or sustaining injuries if they fall or suffer some other kind of mishap. Preventing such things from happening is part of running a good retirement home.

    Very few residential home accident compensation claims are ever filed nowadays. This is due to the excellent homes that are available for the elderly up and down the country. However if something were to go wrong, perhaps while a resident was being assisted in and out of bed, or because they tripped over a step that was barely noticeable, this could lead to a claim being made.

    Understanding residential home accident compensation

    While it is possible for two individuals to make claims for compensation of this type, the amount of residential home accident compensation issued in successful cases will obviously vary. Every situation is considered as an individual occurrence and therefore the facts must be known to those who are involved.

    Fortunately it is easier than you may think to get advice and support from a professional injury compensation lawyer. Accident Advice Helpline has already handled many cases over the years, and there is a chance we could help you as well.

    Are you a member of staff or a resident?

    Whether you reside in a residential home or work in one, if you have been injured in an accident on the premises that was someone else’s fault, there is a chance you could get compensation for your injuries. This is easier to determine with the aid of Accident Advice Helpline, and you can get through to us on our free enquiry line on 0800 689 0500.

    Open Claim Calculator

    There is a three-year deadline in which you must get in touch, so even if you didn’t suffer the injury recently it might still be worth calling us. Make sure you do so – our advisors are on-hand to make sure you get the advice you really need in a situation like this. We are here to help, so call now and see whether we can handle a claim for you very soon.

    Date Published: November 30, 2015

    Author: Allison Whitehead

    Category: Accidents at home

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.