How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    How to claim office electric shock compensation

    Computers, printers, photocopiers – all are used on a daily basis in most offices, but how often do you actually stop to think about your safety when using electrical equipment at work? Maybe you should, as if a piece of equipment is faulty, you could suffer an electric shock. Employers are responsible for the safety of their staff at work, which means if you have sustained a shock from a faulty or damaged piece of equipment, you could make a claim for electric shock compensation if your employer has been negligent. Don’t wait too long though as there’s a three-year time limit in place for personal injury claims.

    What injuries could an electric shock cause?

    Electric shocks can cause a range of injuries, and it depends on the voltage as to how serious these injuries could be. For example, a low-voltage shock (from the majority of appliances) could cause electrical burns. High-voltage shocks can lead to broken bones, head injuries or spinal injuries (if you are thrown clear of the equipment) or serious tissue and organ damage.

    It’s important that office equipment is regularly checked for faults – this includes checking the cables and plugs for any damage which could lead to an electric shock. At the end of the day, if you have been injured by faulty office equipment, your employer could be ordered to pay you office electric shock compensation for your pain, suffering and any loss of earnings you’ve experienced as a result of time off work. But don’t worry about making a claim with Accident Advice Helpline just yet – first get the medical treatment you need to recover from your injuries. Then get in touch with us for confidential, no-obligation advice.

    Our team has years of experience handling compensation claims for accidents at work, and we’re confident we’ll be able to help you claim the compensation you deserve.

    Compensation culture

    Yes, there’s talk of a ‘compensation culture’ sweeping the UK. No, it doesn’t mean you shouldn’t apply for compensation if you have been injured and your employer is to blame. That’s why employers have liability insurance in place, in case the worst happens and a member of staff is injured. Get in touch with Accident Advice Helpline today on 0800 689 0500 to see if you’re eligible to make a personal injury claim, or take the 30-second test on our website right now, and find out how much compensation you could be entitled to receive.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Date Published: October 28, 2015

    Author: Paula Beaton

    Category: Electric shock injury claims

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.