How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    How to claim leisure centre accident compensation

    When you visit a leisure centre, the owner of the premises (usually the local council) has a duty of care to ensure that you’re safe whilst on the premises. If you’re involved in an accident in the pool, changing areas, showers, on the tennis court or in any other part of the leisure centre, you could find yourself able to make a claim for leisure centre accident compensation. Visiting a leisure centre should be a fun experience for the whole family, but unfortunately safety procedures are not always followed, and this negligence could put members of the public at risk. Accident Advice Helpline has years of experience handling leisure centre accident compensation claims, so get in touch with us to find out if you could make a claim.

    Common leisure centre accident claims

    Common claims for accidents in leisure centres include:

    • Slips in wet areas near the pool or in the changing area/showers
    • Accidents when no lifeguard is on duty
    • Slip, trip or fall on uneven surfaces such as tennis courts or the car park
    • Gym injuries caused by faulty equipment or lack of induction for new members
    • Being hit by a ball or racket on the tennis or squash court
    • Ice skating accidents which could cause broken bones

    If you or a member of your family have been injured at your local leisure centre, you’ll need to inform staff so that this can be recorded in their accident book. If you’re really concerned about safety, it’s a good idea to let your local council know about your accident too. Then get in touch with a personal injury lawyer to see if you’re eligible to claim personal injury compensation – there’s a three-year time limit in place to make a claim.

    What do you need to make a claim?

    If you have contact details for any witnesses to your accident, or are able to get photographs of the scene – for example if you were injured by faulty equipment in a gym – this can be helpful, but not essential, when it comes to claiming personal injury compensation. Accident Advice Helpline will work on your behalf to gather the evidence needed for your claim, including accessing medical records to ascertain the extent of your injuries.

    You can call our freephone helpline on 0800 689 0500 at any time to find out more about the claims process and get confidential, no-obligation advice. All our professional personal injury lawyers provide a 100% no win, no fee** service, so you have nothing to lose by getting in touch with us.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Category: Personal injury claims

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.