How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    How to claim industrial respiratory disease compensation

    A respiratory disease is any disease that causes a condition within the respiratory system. For example this might include asthma and emphysema. In the case of an industrial respiratory disease it refers specifically to a disease caused by working in particular surroundings. For example, asbestosis is a respiratory disease that can only occur when the person diagnosed with it has worked with asbestos at some point in their past.

    Industrial respiratory disease compensation can be paid out when someone has been diagnosed with this disease as a consequence of the job they have done. All kinds of workplaces could potentially be involved in such an occurrence. It is very important to be able to produce evidence of negligence that can support a claim made for compensation of this type.

    How might an employer have been negligent?

    It is worth pointing out that the majority of employers take every care to ensure they provide their employees with a safe and responsible place to work. This means providing ample training, making sure they have appropriate personal protective equipment if required, and ensuring they know how to limit the odds of being afflicted by this kind of disease.

    In some very rare cases, the employer may not do everything they should under the law. If this should be the case and someone develops an industrial respiratory disease, they should consider finding out more about how to claim industrial respiratory disease compensation. This will give them the knowledge they need to ensure they can get compensation if it is deserved.

    How can you find out more about your condition?

    You should get an official diagnosis from your GP if you suspect you have developed a disease of this kind that has been caused by your workplace. Once you have this diagnosis you can seek legal advice as well. This will be enormously useful since you can find out whether you are able to get no win, no fee** advice from a professional injury compensation lawyer.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Why not call Accident Advice Helpline so you can seek out just that kind of advice? By getting in contact with us on 0800 689 0500, you can take full advantage our years of experience. We know just how to proceed with a claim so you don’t have to worry about the legal process. We’ll handle it all on your behalf.

    Date Published: September 17, 2015

    Author: Allison Whitehead

    Category: Industrial injury claim

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.