How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    How to claim industrial burns compensation

    While the majority of workplaces of all kinds are safe, there are cases where health and safety elements are not in place in the proper manner. If someone is put in danger because of the work they do, this could lead them to suffer burns.

    Burns can occur in the presence of a naked flame, but this is not the only way they can happen. In an industrial setting, there could be machinery that reaches a very high temperature when in use.

    Similarly, chemicals could be used in some way and if these are spilt on the skin they can cause burns to occur. Sometimes employees have to carry items that are hot, such as molten metal in moulds for instance. If they were to trip and splash that molten metal over themselves, they could be seriously injured.

    Seeking industrial burns compensation

    Your burns do not need to be severe in nature to seek industrial burns compensation. You merely need to have burns that are serious enough to warrant seeking medical help. There should be a first-aider on-site who can provide help, and of course the incident should be recorded in the accident book as well. You may also want to seek advice from your own GP or go to an A&E department if your injuries are serious.

    All of this will provide proof of what happened and of the seriousness of your industrial burns. The lawyer you contact to help you assess the chances of winning a compensation claim will see whether your employer was negligent in some way and could therefore be prosecuted for this.

    Open Claim Calculator

    What might constitute negligence?

    If a risk assessment has not been conducted to determine the likely risks in your workplace, this might put you at risk. Even if a risk assessment has taken place your employer may not have followed the advice in that assessment. There could be a variety of potential problems that could crop up in this situation.

    In any event, you should contact Accident Advice Helpline if you have received burns at work within the last three years. The number you need to call is 0800 689 0500 and when you call us you can be sure of getting no-obligation advice that could lead to a no win, no fee* claim. This means there is no risk to you when making a future claim.

    Date Published: September 12, 2015

    Author: Allison Whitehead

    Category: Burn injury claims

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.