How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    How to claim immigration officer injury compensation

    An immigration officer will perform their duties at one of the many entrance points to the UK. They will check the credentials and information supplied by people arriving in the country, and those who are leaving too. The duties are many and varied, and the job can be very demanding at times. It also involves working shifts.

    If you work in this role you will know you could be stationed at a port or an airport. There are various points around the UK where immigration officers are required to work. In every case though, their working environment should be as safe as it can possibly be at all times. If this is not the case it might potentially lead to one or more officers being injured.

    How easy is it to claim immigration officer injury compensation?

    The answer to this question would largely depend on the situation that caused the injury. If there is firm evidence to support the theory that someone else was responsible for injuries caused to an immigration officer, that officer could indeed claim compensation. Their claim may well be successful too.

    The amount claimed would obviously depend on the nature of the injuries that person suffers. Compensation is generally worked out according to the severity of the injuries and where they happen. For example compensation for injuries to an extremity would be calculated separately to compensation awarded for head injuries. It is important to note this is an example – the actual amount that might be awarded in immigration officer injury compensation may depend on unique factors involved with your case.

    How can you find out more?

    The best way to proceed is by getting legal advice. You should approach a professional injury compensation lawyer to determine whether there is a chance you might claim successfully. The area can be complex and you will need to make a claim within three years of suffering the injury you are claiming for.

    Open Claim Calculator

    To this end, you should ensure you take the first step today by calling 0800 689 0500. This will put you through to the free enquiry line run by Accident Advice Helpline. Our advisors are on hand to guide you through the situation and to determine whether compensation could be awarded to you. You may not even have to go through a court case, since many cases are settled before that occurs.

    Date Published: September 29, 2015

    Author: Allison Whitehead

    Category: Office accident claims

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.