Working as a hotel manager can be a frenetic job – ensuring that hotel guests are happy and that other members of staff are all doing their jobs. It might not seem like the most dangerous job, compared to working in other industries such as the construction industry, but there is still the potential for accidents to happen in hotels that could leave you injured. If you’ve been hurt at work, claiming hotel manager injury compensation with Accident Advice Helpline is a good way to ensure you get the compensation you deserve, not only for your pain and suffering but also for any loss of earnings.
How could hotel managers be injured?
Hotel managers could be injured in a variety of different ways and here are just a few of the types of accidents we have handled claims for hotel manager injury compensation since 2000:
- Slip, trip or fall – for example slipping on a wet floor in the hotel kitchen or lobby or tripping in a damaged or poorly-lit stairwell
- Electric shock from faulty electrical sockets or appliances in the hotel
- Food poisoning from food prepared and consumed on-site
- Manual handling injuries from lifting heavy or awkward items
- Injured by building collapse – for example if the ceiling caves in or if a wall collapses
- Injured by building works carried out at the hotel – such as tools falling off a roof or scaffolding collapsing
However you have been injured, you have a right to be safe at work – and it’s up to your employer, the hotel owner in this case, to ensure that you stay safe. If they have failed to do so, you could find yourself in line for a personal injury settlement. It might be that you’ve been struck down with food poisoning and needed a week off work – but you could still claim compensation for loss of earnings as well as your pain and suffering.
Compensation for serious injuries
It might be that you have sustained serious head injuries or back injuries which have left you unable to work. We can help you to claim compensation that can help you move on with your life after your accident, on a 100% no win, no fee* basis. Call Accident Advice Helpline today (or at any point within three years of your accident) on 0800 689 0500 to find out if you’re eligible to make a claim and get confidential, no-obligation advice relating to your injuries.
Date Published: November 30, 2015
Author: Paula Beaton
Category: Accident in a hotel