How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    How to claim hospitality staff injury compensation

    Working in the hospitality injury could mean you’re employed as a permanent member of staff in a hotel, restaurant, bar or by a catering company – or you could work as a temp or contractor for an events company which supplies hospitality staff for major events. But whatever your role, you deserve to be safe at work, and if an accident has occurred which has left you injured, claiming hospitality staff injury compensation could be on the cards.

    When it comes to making a claim, you want to use a personal injury lawyer you can trust, which is why you should choose Accident Advice Helpline; we’ve got 15 years industry’ experience and come recommended by our patron, TV personality Dame Esther Rantzen.

    Common injuries for hospitality staff

    Slip, trip and fall injuries are commonly suffered by hospitality staff such as events staff or waiting staff. You could slip on a wet floor, trip over trailing cables at an event or even fall down a flight of stairs at work. Lacerations are also pretty common amongst waiting and bar staff who could suffer cuts from broken glasses or crockery which hasn’t been cleaned up.

    Kitchen staff such as chefs and assistants are at risk of lacerations too, from sharp knives and other equipment, and it’s important that staff receive the training needed to carry out their work safely. Scalds, burns and electric shock are also common injuries suffered by kitchen staff – you could be burned or suffer electric shock from a faulty cooker, kettle or other electrical appliance in the kitchen. Manual handling injuries can affect anyone working in hospitality, from kitchen staff to hotel porters, and could include back, neck and shoulder injuries that make it hard to return to work.

    Ongoing pain

    It may be that you’ve suffered an injury which has left you in pain months or even years after your accident, such as a back injury from slipping on a wet floor or a limp from a fractured leg that never healed properly. If you’re unable to return to work or are in pain, Accident Advice Helpline will ensure you get the compensation you deserve for your pain and suffering, as well as any loss of earnings and medical expenses you’ve incurred as a result of your injuries. Call our expert team today on 0800 689 0500 to find out if you’re eligible to make a 100% no win, no fee* hospitality staff injury compensation claim – our advice line is open 24/7.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Date Published: November 30, 2015

    Author: Paula Beaton

    Category: Accident at work claim

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.