Hiring a car is handy if you don’t have the money to purchase your own vehicle or if you simply need a car now and again. Or perhaps you’re hiring a car for a short break or longer holiday in the UK? Whatever your reasons for hiring a car or van, you put your trust in the rental company to ensure that the vehicle you receive is safe to drive. But things could go wrong and you could be left injured if your vehicle is involved in an accident.
That’s why Accident Advice Helpline exists; we can help you claim hired vehicle accident compensation no matter how you have been injured – we could even help you if a member of your family has been killed in a fatal collision caused by a dangerous hire car or van.
What could go wrong?
If you’re involved in a collision whilst driving a hire car or van, you could suffer serious injuries, and when you make a claim for hired vehicle accident compensation, we’ll take the following into account:
- The severity of your injuries
- Their impact on your life now and in the future
- The cost of any medical care you may need now and in the future
- Other financial losses, such as the cost of onward transport after the collision, loss of earnings etc.
But what could go wrong that could lead to an accident whilst driving a hire car?
- Faulty brakes or a stuck accelerator pedal could lead to a collision
- Over-inflated or worn tyres could lead to skidding or a blow-out that could cause a serious accident
- Broken or damaged interior of the vehicle could cause lacerations
- Chips on the windscreen could cause it to shatter, leading to eye and facial injuries
- Overheating engine could catch fire, potentially causing burns or an explosion
If you’ve been injured and you feel the hire company has been negligent, you could make a claim for personal injury compensation.
Who can claim?
Whether you have hired a van for an hour or a car for your week’s family holiday, you’re entitled to make a claim if you’re injured due to a dangerous vehicle. From cuts and bruises to broken bones and serious facial or head injuries, you can get in touch with Accident Advice Helpline to discuss any injuries and find out if you have a viable claim. Why not call our freephone helpline today on 0800 689 0500 to see if you are eligible to make a personal injury claim, or take the 30-second test on our website right now for an idea of how much compensation you could be entitled to.