Where do you like to stay when you go on holiday? Guest houses are becoming an increasingly popular option thanks to their competitive prices in comparison to chain hotels and their ability to provide a ‘home away from home’ feeling when you’re on holiday. But staying in a guest house isn’t without its risks and you are dependent on the guest house owners to ensure that your stay is a safe and enjoyable one. We hope that things don’t go wrong on your holiday, but if they do, you could be entitled to claim guest house injury compensation.
Since 2000, Accident Advice Helpline has helped hundreds of customers to claim personal injury compensation, and because our lawyers work on a 100% no win, no fee* basis, you can afford to make a guest house injury compensation claim even if you’ve blown the budget on your family holiday or romantic weekend break for two.
What’s the worst that could happen?
We’re glad you asked, because there are actually quite a few things which have the potential to go wrong and leave you injured during your stay at a guest house. Here are just a few examples of ways in which you could be injured:
- Injured in the bathroom – for example tripping on loose floor tiles or being hit by a falling shower curtain rail
- Food poisoning after eating breakfast at the guest house
- Injured by faulty appliances or sockets, such as an exploding hair dryer or an electric socket which catches fire or shocks you
- Injured by damaged furniture or objects in your room – for example lacerations from a broken chair or bed
- Slip, trip or fall accident on icy steps outside the guest house, a wet floor or damaged flooring
Whilst most holidays go without a hitch, you could be unlucky enough to be injured in a guest house accident, and if this has happened to you, Accident Advice Helpline could help you claim the compensation you deserve, within three years of your accident.
Loss of earnings
It’s not just your injuries you’ll be compensated for, you could also receive compensation for loss of earnings. If you have needed time off work after breaking your ankle in a trip at a guest house or have been off for a week after being struck down by food poisoning, your earnings will suffer. We can help you to manage financially until you’re able to return to work by getting you the personal injury compensation you deserve. Just call Accident Advice Helpline on 0800 689 0500 and find out today if you’re eligible to make a claim.
Date Published: November 7, 2015
Author: Paula Beaton