Have you ever stayed in a dangerous hotel? We’re not talking about those hotels where things go bump in the night; but real, dangerous hotels where management and staff are negligent, leading to accidents and injuries to guests. This type of negligence is unacceptable, as hotels have a duty to ensure their premises are safe for visitors and guests, and if you’ve been injured whilst staying in a hotel on holiday, or whilst travelling for business, you could claim dangerous hotel compensation with Accident Advice Helpline. This won’t be the first time we’ve handled a claim of this type – in fact, our team has years of experience handling personal injury claims for accidents in dangerous hotels, so you’re in good hands.
What’s gone wrong at your hotel?
Whether you’re staying in a budget one-star establishment or living the life of luxury in a five-star hotel, accidents have the potential to happen anywhere at any time if negligence has occurred. Here are just a few examples of the types of accidents which could lead to a dangerous hotel compensation claim:
- Being struck down by food poisoning after dining at the hotel restaurant (or enjoying room service)
- Electric shock or burns from a faulty electric socket or appliance, such as a hair-dryer, TV or trouser press
- Trip injuries after tripping on loose carpet in your room or the lobby
- Slip injuries from slipping on a wet floor or a slip in the icy hotel car park during the winter months
- Injured by damaged furniture in your hotel room, such as a broken bed causing lacerations
- Scalded by a faulty kettle or even a faulty shower where the temperature can’t be adjusted
- Hit by a car in the hotel car park
How simple is the claims process?
It might be that you have suffered minor injuries such as a bruised knee and some cuts after a slip on a wet floor in the hotel – equally you could suffer serious head injuries after a trip on loose carpet. However you have been injured, you could be compensated for your loss of earnings if you have been forced to take time off work to recover from your injuries.
The claims process is usually fairly simple and stress-free; we can process most claims in full over the phone, and our lawyers work on a 100% no win, no fee* basis, giving you one less thing to worry about. If you want to find out if you’re eligible to claim dangerous hotel compensation, call Accident Advice Helpline on 0800 689 0500 today.
Date Published: November 7, 2015
Author: Paula Beaton