Your first thoughts when checking into a guest house are probably either about how comfy the beds are or what time breakfast is served. Nobody really worries about their personal safety on holiday – we don’t all go around worrying whether we’ll be struck down by food poisoning or slip on a wet floor and be injured. But just because you don’t worry about these things, doesn’t mean there isn’t the potential for them to happen.
The guest house you stay in is only as safe as its owners make it and they have a legal duty to make sure guests are safe whilst on their premises. If you’ve been injured in any type of accident that you believe was caused by somebody else’s negligence, why not find out if you could make a claim for dangerous guest house compensation? With Accident Advice Helpline, claims are always handled on a 100% no win, no fee* basis, so even those struggling financially after an accident can afford to make a claim.
What dangers could be lurking?
In case you’re wondering how you could be injured at a guest house, we’ve got a few examples of accidents we have handled dangerous guest house compensation claims for over years:
- Slip or trip – for example slipping on a wet floor in the dining room or tripping on loose carpet on the stairs
- Food poisoning from eating food cooked at the guest house
- Injured by objects falling from height, such as a shelf above the bed collapsing or a sign falling on you as you exit the guest house
- Electric shock from faulty electric sockets or appliances in your room
- Injured by faulty appliances catching fire or exploding, such as a TV or hair-dryer
- Scalded by a faulty shower where the temperature can’t be controlled
- Injured in the guest house car park – for example slipping on icy ground or steps
- Injuries caused by damaged furniture in your room or public areas, such as lacerations from a damaged glass coffee table
Will your claim be successful?
There’s no way of knowing this for sure, but if you have suffered minor injuries or been left seriously injured after a guest house accident that was caused by somebody else’s negligence, there is a good chance your claim will be successful. You could be compensated for any loss of earnings or expenses related to your accident – for example if you’ve had to drive to hospital appointments after suffering a head injury, you could claim travel expenses. Give Accident Advice Helpline a call on 0800 689 0500 and find out if you have a viable claim, or just get some more advice on the personal injury claims process; there’s no obligation to proceed.