How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    How to claim dangerous accommodation compensation

    More people than ever before are booking package holidays – that’s because there are some great deals around which allow you to save money on your flight and accommodation. But what do you do if the accommodation you’re staying in is dangerous and you are injured as a result? Well, if you are staying in a hotel or accommodation in the UK, or if you have booked a package holiday abroad with a UK company, you could make a claim for dangerous accommodation compensation.

    You’ll need the services of a personal injury lawyer and Accident Advice Helpline’s team has years of experience – we offer a 100% no win, no fee* service, so anybody can afford to make a claim with us.

    What do we mean by ‘dangerous accommodation’?

    If the owners of the hotel, guest house or B&B you are staying in don’t care about the safety of their guests and as a result are negligent, the result could be a dangerous environment in which you could be injured; here are a few examples of what we mean by this:

    • Your room has loose or faulty electric sockets which lead to an electric shock or fire
    • Faulty appliances cause burns and shocks, such as a faulty hair dryer or TV
    • Poor food hygiene in the restaurant gives you food poisoning, ruining your holiday
    • A freshly-mopped floor has no ‘wet floor’ warning sign and you slip, breaking your ankle or suffering back injuries
    • During the winter, icy conditions in the hotel car park or on the steps outside lead to a fall causing you to break your hip or suffer serious head injuries
    • You’re scalded by a faulty shower or hot water in your room

    Any one of these things could happen to you if you are staying in a hotel where management and staff are negligent – and the owners could be held responsible for your injuries and ordered to pay you dangerous accommodation compensation if you’re injured whilst staying on the premises.

    How do I make a claim?

    The claims process is designed to be simple and provided we can prove negligence has led to your injuries, and you contact us within three years of your accident, you have every chance of a successful claim. Get in touch with Accident Advice Helpline on 0800 689 0500 to find out if you have a viable claim or get confidential, no-obligation advice, however you have been injured.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Date Published: November 7, 2015

    Author: Paula Beaton

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.