How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    How to claim classroom injury compensation

    Every weekday thousands of students attend classrooms up and down the country. This holds true for universities and colleges, and everywhere from infant schools to secondary schools. Very few people, whether they are students or teachers, will come up against any problems or incidents while in class. However with that said, there will be the occasional mishap or accident that might occur.

    Occasionally a mishap that results in an injury being sustained – either to a pupil, a teacher or other worker – will result in a classroom injury compensation claim being paid out to them. Compensation amounts vary depending on a number of things, most crucially where and how you were injured, and how severe those injuries were.

    Getting professional legal advice

    This is obviously a good idea, as is getting medical advice for your injuries. First and foremost you should make sure the accident is recorded in the accident book at the school. However there are times when you won’t think of this. The shock you may be in after an accident, particularly a more serious one, might mean this is the last thing on your mind.

    In any event you do have a right to discover whether a compensation claim would be a possibility. Accident Advice Helpline has helped other people who have suffered an injury of some sort in a classroom, so we may be able to help you, or your child if they have been injured.

    Were you hurt in the last three years?

    You must be able to answer yes to this question if you want to try and claim classroom injury compensation. Regardless of whether you were hurt as a teacher, an assistant, a worker or in some other capacity, you should be able to meet this requirement. We have been able to help people who were in doubt over whether they could claim anything in this situation. That’s why we would encourage you to get in touch.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Accident Advice Helpline has all the experience you could need in this situation. If you are able to call us on 0800 689 0500 (and it is a free call) you could get advice sooner than you think. Our advisors know what to look out for in these situations, and they could reveal whether you are able to make a compensation claim. So why not call and speak with us now?

    Date Published: November 30, 2015

    Author: Allison Whitehead

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.