How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    How to claim civil service injury compensation

    Sometimes it seems like we are always hearing about accidents at work and claims for compensation on the news – but nobody really gets injured whilst working in an office, do they? Accidents happen at dangerous places of work, such as construction sites and factories. Actually, that’s not true. Accidents have the potential to happen in any workplace and if you’ve been injured whilst employed as a civil servant, you could claim civil service injury compensation. Don’t choose just any personal injury lawyer though – pick Accident Advice Helpline, as we specialise in personal injury claims and have years of experience in the industry.

    Common civil service injuries

    Here are a few examples of common injuries which could affect anyone working in the civil service:

    • Slip or trip in the office – for example, tripping over computer cables or slipping on a wet floor that has just been cleaned
    • Repetitive strain injury from carrying out repetitive tasks such as typing
    • Back and neck injuries from a workstation which has not been adjusted to suit the worker
    • Head or facial injuries caused by objects falling from height
    • Injured after a fall from height, for example whilst reaching for files on a high shelf
    • Burned or scalded by hot food or drink in the office kitchen
    • Food poisoning after eating food in the office canteen
    • Electric shock from faulty office equipment such as a PC or printer

    As you can see, the average office does have hazards which could easily lead to an accident – that’s why health and safety at work is so important. If you’ve been injured and you believe your employer could have done more to keep you safe, why not make a claim for civil service injury compensation?

    Has your employer been negligent?

    If you were wearing 5-inch heels to work when you tripped and fell, it’s likely you’re to blame for your accident. However, in many cases, employer negligence is behind accidents at work. For example, if you have received an electric shock from a faulty PC, it’s your employer’s job to ensure that electrical equipment at work is safe to use. If you have slipped on a wet floor, warning signs should have been displayed.

    You could make a claim with Accident Advice Helpline today or find out more about the claims process by calling our freephone helpline on 0800 689 0500. Our team of expert personal injury advisors are on hand to offer confidential, no-obligation advice, however you have been injured.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Category: Personal injury claims

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.