How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Who do I claim against for a bungee jump accident abroad?

    Who do I claim against for a bungee jump accident abroad?

    Being injured whilst on holiday abroad will not only put a dampener on the fun, it may also cause a series of complications resulting from the physical injuries. For example, you may be asked to cover some of your medical bills on the spot, extend your hotel stay, or delay your flight back home in order to receive medical treatment.

    In some cases, individuals can receive compensation for the injuries they have sustained whilst holidaying abroad; in other cases compensation cannot be obtained. However, if you have suffered a sports injury whilst bungee jumping abroad, it is essential to read the rest of this post because it provides a comprehensive answer to the question, “Who do I claim against for a bungee jump accident abroad?”

    Sport injuries

    Everyone knows that sporting activities imply a certain level of risk for all those involved. Almost anyone can be injured whilst playing football, beach volleyball, or other sports. This is simply because some injuries cannot be foreseen, being just an occasional consequence of the game. Thus, a person who agrees to participate in a specific sporting activity actually consents to the natural, potential level of risk of injury involved in that activity. However, if an injury that usually does not happen as part of the normal play occurs, the victim may be entitled to bring a compensation claim against the person or people responsible. If you have suffered an injury as a result of a bungee jump accident abroad, we can help you claim compensation if someone else is accountable for your accident.

    Who do I claim against for a bungee jump accident abroad?

    If you have had a bungee jump accident abroad, it is important to obtain a copy of your medical records and the police report, assuming that you have informed the local authorities (a very good idea). This will help us assess the circumstances of your accident, the nature and severity of your injuries, and the medical treatment that you have received. In addition, you should hand to us any photographs of the scene and details of eyewitnesses. Additionally, if you have any receipts proving your injury-related expenses, we can help you include them in your claim.

    Once we get all these things together, we can help you file your claim against the person, group of people, or organization responsible for your accident. If bungee jumping was included in the package holiday that you booked through a tour operator in the UK, you may be able to claim compensation from the tour operator’s insurance company. This is possible because The Package Travel, Package Holidays and Package Tour Regulations 1992 allow British citizens to claim recompense in the UK for accidents abroad resulting from activities included in package holidays that are booked in the UK.

    Open Claim Calculator

    If you have booked the activity through a local company, you must claim compensation from that company in the country where the accident occurred. Depending on the laws of the respective country, different ways of evaluating compensation, time limits, and insurance criteria may apply. Regardless of where in the world you got injured, it is your legal right to be recompensed for a ruined holiday.

    To pursue a claim for compensation against the people responsible for your bungee jump accident abroad, we welcome you to contact Accident Advice Helpline on their freephone number – 0800 689 0500. 

    Date Published: February 6, 2014

    Author: David Brown

    Category: Accident abroad

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.