Working as a beauty therapist requires training and qualifications that can take time to achieve, and once you are qualified, you could be involved in carrying out a range of different treatments, from waxing and facials to electrolysis and massages. Whether you are employed at a salon or rent a room and work for yourself, you could find yourself eligible to claim beauty therapist injury compensation if you’re injured at work. But what sort of accidents could leave you injured?
Common beauty therapist accidents
Since 2000, Accident Advice Helpline has been helping people claim beauty therapist injury compensation on a 100% no win, no fee basis – here are a few examples of common beauty therapist accidents which could leave you injured:
- Burns from spilling hot wax or massage oils
- Electric shock from faulty electrical equipment, such as an electrolysis machine
- Allergic reaction to products containing harmful chemicals
- Slip, trip or fall – slipping on a floor after somebody has spilt oil on it or tripping in a poorly-lit area of the salon
- Repetitive strain injury from carrying out massages without regular breaks
- Eye injury from chemicals splashed in the eyes
- Injuries caused by a faulty massage table, broken seats or signs falling off the wall and hitting you
However you have been injured, you could have a viable claim if your employer is to blame – if you work on a self-employed basis, you could still make a claim if your accident was a result of somebody else’s negligence; for example if you were injured by equipment or a table hired from the salon or suffered a slip or trip that was caused by another member of staff.
Compensation for loss of earnings
When you’re off work recovering from your injuries – whether you’ve suffered repetitive strain injury or a back injury after slipping on a wet floor – your earnings will be affected. But making a personal injury claim could mean you’ll receive a settlement which could ease financial stress until you’re able to return to work. Accident Advice Helpline’s advisors offer confidential, no-obligation advice and you can call our freephone helpline on 0800 689 0500.
We’ve been endorsed by our patron, TV personality and UK consumer champion Dame Esther Rantzen, for our excellent customer service, and our personal injury lawyers will take into account a wide range of factors when working out your personal injury settlement, so call us today.
Date Published: November 30, 2015
Author: Paula Beaton