How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    How to claim barman injury compensation

    Working as a barman usually involved serving drinks to customers, keeping the bar area clean and tidy, re-stocking behind the bar and you might even get to mix some cocktails, if you’re working in a cocktail bar. Bars can get pretty busy, particularly at weekends, and it’s all too easy for accidents to happen which could leave you injured. You expect to be safe at work, and an injury is the last thing you want, but it’s not all bad news. If you have been involved in an accident at work that was somebody else’s fault, claiming barman injury compensation is simpler than you might think. Just get in touch with Accident Advice Helpline within three years of your accident and find out if you’re eligible to make a claim.

    Common barman injuries

    Bar staff routinely work with sharp knives, glasses and other utensils which could cause injury – so it probably comes as no surprise that lacerations are amongst the most common injuries sustained by bar staff. You could cut yourself on broken glass that a colleague has failed to clean up or injure yourself on a damaged bottle. Slip and trip injuries are also common – for example slipping on a wet floor after somebody has spilt drinks or food or tripping over boxes of stock left lying around. You could even fall due to inadequate lighting in the bar area, and if you’re injured, your employer could be held responsible.

    Perhaps you’ve been struck down by food poisoning at work after eating food prepared in the bar’s kitchen, or been scalded after somebody has spilt a hot drink or hot water on you. You could even suffer an electric shock from a faulty fridge, till or other electrical equipment behind the bar. At the end of the day, you have a right to be safe at work and if your employer could have done more to prevent your accident, claiming barman injury compensation is always an option.

    Will I lose my job?

    You can’t be fired simply for making a personal injury claim – and your employer knows this. They have liability insurance in place which will pay out in the event of a successful claim by a member of staff, so you shouldn’t hesitate to make a personal injury claim if your accident was somebody else’s fault. Why not give Accident Advice Helpline a call on 0800 689 0500 and find out if you could be eligible to make a 100% no win, no fee claim? It’s free to call and get no-obligation advice.

    Date Published: November 30, 2015

    Author: Paula Beaton

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.