Whether you’re lucky enough to make a full-time living as an actor, are part of an amateur dramatic society or even attend acting classes on a regular basis, working as an actor isn’t a job that’s without its risks! You might be on stage as part of the cast of a musical, filming a TV ad or even starring in a major motion picture – there are different risks associated with working in different sectors of the industry and if you are involved in an accident, you could claim actor injury compensation. Why should you choose Accident Advice Helpline? Well, we’ve got years of experience handling personal injury claims and our personal injury advisors offer confidential, no-obligation advice, putting your mind at ease.
“I forgot my lines”
There are worse things that can happen to you as an actor than forgetting your lines. Since 2000, we have helped a number of professional and amateur actors claim actor injury compensation, in some of the following situations:
- Injured on stage – for example falling off stage or lights/equipment falling from height and hitting you
- Electric shock from sound or lighting equipment
- Slip or trip on set or stage, for example on a wet floor or tripping over trailing camera cables
- Injured by another actor – perhaps by a prop
- Injured by faulty props or scenery
- Head injuries after a fall from height, perhaps whilst ‘flying’ in a harness, or falling from a set
- Food poisoning after consuming food prepared at work, such as in the canteen
Whether you’ve been struck by a falling light whilst reciting lines in ‘Othello’ or have tripped on set whilst filming a TV ad, you could claim personal compensation if somebody else is to blame for your accident.
Who’s at fault?
If you’re at a drama class, the organiser takes responsibility for your personal safety. If acting is your profession, whoever is in charge of the production could be held liable for your injuries, from minor strains and sprains to broken bones and serious head injuries. Call Accident Advice Helpline on 0800 689 0500 to find out if you have a viable claim – you could even take the 30-second test on our website to see how much compensation you could be entitled to.