How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Health and Safety News

    Christmas party food poisoning in Australia leaves 34 people suffering

    By David Brown on January 20, 2015

    Christmas party food poisoning in Australia leaves 34 people suffering

    A bout of Christmas party food poisoning affected 34 people at the same Christmas party in Portsea last week. After suffering food poisoning, one man was taken to hospital, with 33 others experiencing symptoms including vomiting, diarrhoea and nausea. Only a few others who attended the party escaped unaffected, including six children.

    Christmas party food poisoning isn’t uncommon, with more parties, meals out and BBQs taking place over the holidays than at other times of year. At the moment, it’s summer in Australia, and cases of food poisoning often rise when the weather is hot and families heat up the BBQ to enjoy food outside. Whether you are in Australia, the UK or elsewhere in the world, there are steps you can take to reduce your risk of food poisoning, including:

    • Don’t eat food that has been left out of the refrigerator for more than four hours
    • Food should be kept hot and reheated thoroughly to above 75 degrees
    • Keep raw meat, seafood and poultry away from cooked meat, to prevent the spread of bacteria that could cause food poisoning
    • Ensure frozen food is thoroughly defrosted before cooking

    If you have been struck down by food poisoning after a Christmas party or meal, you could claim compensation.

    How to make a claim

    You should contact the establishment where you ate, whether that’s a pub, restaurant or other venue, and let them know that you have suffered from food poisoning, as they’ll normally want to carry out their own investigations. If a number of people complain, the local environmental health department may get involved.

    To make a claim for personal injury compensation, contact a personal injury lawyer to find out whether you are eligible – if so, they will gather evidence in support of your claim and give you an idea of how much compensation you could be entitled to.

    Don’t suffer in silence

    We’re here to help our customers claim the compensation they deserve, and because the team at Accident Advice Helpline has over 14 years’ experience in the industry, and comes highly recommended by our patron, consumer champion Esther Rantzen, you know you can trust us to handle your claim professionally and efficiently.

    It’s easy to find out whether you have a viable claim, just call our freephone helpline today on 0800 689 0500 – we’re open 24/7, or take the 30-second test on our website right now, to find out how much you might be able to claim.

    Source: Herald Sun

    Share On


    Date Published: January 20, 2015

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.