How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    What is the Children’s Burns Trust?

    What is the Children’s Burns Trust?

    The Children’s Burns Trust is a national charity which supports the families of children with burn or scald injuries. The charity also works to prevent and raise awareness of burn and scald accidents. They work with NHS professionals, providing funding and help for rehabilitation, and they also work across the country on prevention campaigns, providing families and hospitals with information and financial support.

    Whilst the NHS provides a good standard of emergency care for scald and burn accidents, there is currently not enough funding in place for follow-up care. Many children face not only the psychological impact of their injuries, but also self-confidence and self-image issues. The Children’s Burns Trust is the only charity in the UK which is dedicated to assisting NHS staff in restoring children to their ‘pre-injury condition’ – aesthetically, intellectually and socially, helping them to enjoy a better quality of life.

    If your child has been burned or scalded in an accident, you may be able to claim compensation for their injuries. The Children’s Burns Trust can offer support and advice as well as financial assistance when it comes to follow-up care.

    Has your child been burned or scalded?

    When your child is injured, it seems like the worst thing in the world, and you naturally want to do anything you can to make them better. If your child has been burned or scalded in an accident at nursery, school or in a public place, you may be able to claim compensation for their injuries, if somebody else has been negligent. For example, if someone has spilt a hot drink on your child or if they have been left unsupervised at nursery whilst washing their hands under hot water, you could consider claiming compensation. The extent of your child’s injuries will, to some point, determine the amount of compensation you’ll receive – other factors will be taken into account too, such as any ongoing care and support they will need throughout their lives, and the psychological effect their injuries have had.

    Call Accident Advice Helpline for confidential advice

    Whether you have decided to enquire about claiming compensation for your child’s accident or simply want to know more about what is involved in the claims process, contact Accident Advice Helpline. We know that this is a difficult time for you, and we won’t add pressure by pushing you into making a claim. Our team of professional personal injury lawyers offer confidential, no-obligation advice and a 100% ‘no win, no fee*’* service. Plus, we’re accredited by the Association of Personal Injury Lawyers, and with 14 years’ experience handling personal injury compensation claims, you know you can trust us.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Category: Burn injury claims

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.