How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    My children were hurt in a car accident, what can I do?

    Unfortunately, car accidents can happen no matter how careful a driver you are, and if your children have been injured in a road traffic accident, you may be considering claiming for compensation. In any of the below circumstances, you could be eligible to claim:

    • Injured in a road accident on a bike
    • Injured as a pedestrian
    • Injured as a passenger

    Whether or not you were driving, or whether your children were passengers in somebody else’s vehicle, you have the right to claim compensation if you feel that somebody else was to blame for the accident, and it’s important to seek advice from a personal injury lawyer with experience dealing with cases involving children.

    When can I claim for car accident compensation?

    You can claim for compensation either directly after the road accident or up until the child turns 18. After they are 18, they have 3 years during which they can claim themselves, if their parent or guardian has not already done so. It’s important to note that you can’t claim for your child’s injuries if you were the one driving – the person claiming must be somebody independent, such as a close relative, who could claim on the child’s behalf. With some claims for compensation, the funds may be held in a Special Investment Account until the child reaches 18. However, if there is good reason to access the funds, for example to pay for medical treatment or special education, the court may agree for some of the funds to be released at the time of settlement.

    Accident Advice Helpline

    With more than 13 years’ experience in the personal injury compensation industry, Accident Advice Helpline should be your first port of call in the event your child is injured in a road accident. We not only offer helpful, confidential advice, but we also offer you a 100% no win, no fee* service, and we’re accredited by the Association of Personal Injury Lawyers (APIL), so you know you can trust us.

    We realise that the aftermath of a car accident can be a distressing time for the whole family, as your child may require medical treatment or ongoing care, depending on their injuries, and our team are trained to handle your case sympathetically – we really do care about our customers. Our advice line is free to call on 0800 689 0500 and we’re open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, so you can set the ball rolling on your claim or just receive some helpful advice at any time of day or night, which is another load off your mind.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Date Published: December 19, 2013

    Author: David Brown

    Category: Car accident claims

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.