How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    What to do if your child gets food poisoning

    Food poisoning is far from being fun for anyone. However, if you are a parent you won’t want to see your child going through it. If your child gets food poisoning, you can expect them to feel quite poorly for a few days. The amount of time it takes for symptoms to appear will depend on the type of bacteria that causes the illness. Some take mere hours, whereas others might take a day or so to start causing symptoms.

    In any event, you should make sure they refrain from eating and keep them hydrated. Small and regular sips of water are best – too much at once could make them sick. After 24 hours or so, they may start to regain their appetite. When this happens, give them something very plain. Dry toast, chicken and rice are all good choices, but keep the meal size small.

    What if your child gets food poisoning after eating at a restaurant or from a takeaway?

    When things like this happen, it is worth asking whether the food from the outlet was at fault. In some instances, you may have attended an event, such as a wedding or a fair, where food was provided. If your child fell ill after eating somewhere like this, it is potentially possible they could have contracted food poisoning from something they ate there.

    You have a right to expect any food you buy or eat out to be in good condition and fit to consume. If your child has fallen ill and you suspect it is because of substandard food, you also have the option to consider making a compensation claim.

    What should you do next?

    As the parent, you have a right to make a claim on behalf of your child. If you call Accident Advice Helpline, we can advise you on the likelihood of a claim meeting with a successful conclusion. Make sure you call us on 0800 689 0500 to get access to no-obligation advice when you need it most.

    Open Claim Calculator

    It doesn’t cost anything to call, and you could soon have the answers you really want. With our help, you could end up winning that compensation claim if you do have a right to make one on a no win, no fee basis. Find the answers now on behalf of your child and call us today.

    Date Published: February 16, 2016

    Author: Allison Whitehead

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.