How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Health and Safety News

    Chicken Hut takeaway closed by environmental health officers

    By David Brown on June 15, 2014

    Chicken Hut takeaway closed by environmental health officers

    A branch of Chicken Hut in Middlesbrough has received a fine and been closed after Middlesbrough Council’s environmental health officers discovered poor hygiene standards.

    In October 2013, the officers visited to carry out a routine inspection and found the premises dirty and covered in mouse droppings. The council issued a Food Hygiene Emergency Prohibition Notice forcing the owner to close the takeaway and take steps to rectify the issues. The premises remained closed for five days.

    Infestations and poor standards of hygiene could lead to food becoming contaminated and outbreaks of food poisoning. In this instance, the owner was fined £500 after pleading guilty to three offences – failing to keep food equipment disinfected and clean, failing to keep his premises clean and failing to take steps to control pest infestation.

    The council work closely with local food businesses to ensure high food hygiene standards are maintained but enforcement action is always taken when the public’s health is put at risk.

    Have you been affected by food poisoning?

    As anyone who has been affected by food poisoning knows, the symptoms are far from pleasant and can include nausea, stomach cramps, vomiting and diarrhoea. If you have been struck down by food poisoning after eating food from your local takeaway, you probably want to ensure the same thing does not happen to other people. Reporting the problem to the takeaway itself is a good place to start and you may also wish to report this to the environmental health department at your local council. If you or a member of your family have been affected by food poisoning, you may also be considering claiming for compensation. Seek advice from a personal injury lawyer, who will be able to look at your case in more detail and tell you whether or not you could be eligible to claim.

    Making a claim for food poisoning compensation

    The first step to claiming compensation is to appoint a personal injury lawyer to work on your behalf. Accident Advice Helpline have been in the personal injury industry for many years and during that time we have dealt with hundreds of claims for food poisoning compensation. Our team of professional lawyers are here to offer confidential, no-obligation advice and if you decide to claim, you won’t normally even need to attend court as most claims can be processed in full over the phone. Call our freephone helpline today – we are open 24/7 – and let us help you get the compensation you deserve.

    Source: Gazette Live

    Share On


    Date Published: June 15, 2014

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.