You’d be forgiven for thinking that travelling by bus or coach is a pretty safe means of transport, and generally it is; however, as with any mode of transport, accidents do happen. There are a number of things which could cause public transport accidents, including bad weather conditions and distracted drivers.
Common causes of accidents
Here are some of the more common causes of bus or coach accidents:
- Distracted drivers – drivers are usually driving large groups of people from A to B, and could be distracted by passengers moving around the bus or chatting; they could also be distracted by children.
- Poorly-maintained vehicle – if the bus or coach has not passed its MOT or been regularly checked and maintained this could cause an accident.
- Dangerous driving conditions – many bus and coach accidents happen during wet, foggy or wintry conditions, when drivers fail to reduce their speed accordingly.
- Driving too fast – drivers speeding on narrow country roads or undertaking dangerous manoeuvres could lead to accidents.
- Driver stopping suddenly – if the driver is forced to brake suddenly then passengers could be thrown from their seats and injured.
The bus or coach driver has a duty to keep his or her passengers safe, so if you’re injured as a result of a negligent driver, you should take action and claim for compensation.
What happens next?
If you’re considering claiming for compensation for your whiplash or other injury, you probably want to know how much you could be eligible to claim; that’s where our 30-second test comes in handy – just head for our website, enter a few details and you could find out how much you could claim.
From there it’s a case of contacting us on our freephone number to see how we can help you. Accident Advice Helpline’s team of friendly, professional personal injury specialists treat every claim on an individual basis, so you’ll always receive the very best service from us.
Whether you have queries about the claims process, want to know more or simply want to start the ball rolling on your claim, we can help. It’s free to call us on 0800 689 0500, so you won’t end up with a huge phone bill to add to your worries, and our 100% no win, no fee* service ensures our services are affordable to everyone, no matter what your circumstances – you won’t pay a penny unless your claim is successful. Why not give us a call today and see what we can do to help you?