How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Category : Health and safety at work

    What are workplace accident reporting procedures?

    Whether you work in an office, a library or a warehouse, there will be workplace accident reporting procedures at your place of work that make it easy to report an accident to management. If you don’t know what the procedures are, it’s a good idea to ask somebody so that you’re aware of what to….

    The consequences of incorrect lifting technique

    Lots of people might occasionally be required to lift things at work. This could mean lifting stock or other items, such as bricks or tools, for example. It might also mean lifting a person, in the case of someone working in a hospital or a care home. There are many examples of things that might….

    Insufficient health and safety claims

    Every employer has a legal responsibility, under the Health and Safety at Work act, to ensure that their employees operate in a safe working environment, within which they can carry out their job without the risk of injury. The guidelines are clear and specific and each employer must adhere to them. However, there are occasions….

    Compensation for roof work safety failings

    Roofs do need repair work doing on them from time to time, regardless if they are on commercial or residential buildings. Experienced roofers should undertake such work but before doing so a risk assessment should always be performed in order to determine the best and safety way to perform the task. An employer has a….

    Compensation for injuries caused by safety failings

    Safety failings at work can potentially be very serious indeed. Think of the potential consequences that could occur if a person does not receive adequate training for the job they are tasked to do. Imagine what might happen if protective equipment is not provided for them. Imagine the potential outcome if a person does not….

    Top 5 dangers of being a plumber

    ContentsBurns, eye injuries and hearing lossHave you been affected by the dangers of being a plumber?It takes years of training to become a plumber, and with good reason. You’re working with pipes filled with water (often hot water), gas and electric, and you’re exposed to numerous hazards. We look at a few of the dangers of….

    When to use a workplace accident sign

    A workplace accident sign is a good way to warn other members of staff that an accident has occurred at work. For example, if somebody has been injured after slipping on a wet floor, a workplace accident sign can alert others to this. Faulty machinery should be repaired or replaced as soon as possible, but….

    Common hazards in the courier industry

    If you work as a courier, you could drive a car or a van, or you might work as a motorcycle or bike courier. Whatever the case may be, you could be in a position to suffer one or more injuries through the course of your working day. There are many common hazards in the….

    Common causes of warehouse accidents

    ContentsWhat are some of the most common causes of warehouse accidents?The dangers of forklift trucksAssessing hazardsThe responsibilities of your employerThere are many common causes of warehouse accidents, and most of these have one thing in common – they are often entirely preventable. Warehouses are filled with lots of high racking and shelves, forklifts moving stock….

    What is the Control of Major Accident Hazards Regulations (COMAH)?

    The Control of Major Accident Hazards Regulations (COMAH) Competent Body is made up from three organisations the Health Safety Executive (HSE), the Environment Agency (EA – for England and Wales) and the Scottish Environmental Protection Agency (SEPA). These three organisations are responsible for the enforcement of the Control of Major Accident Hazard (COMAH) Regulations. As….

    What is the NEBOSH (National Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety)?

    NEBOSH (National Examination Board in Occupational Safety and Health) is a worldwide organisation, with 600 providers across 110 countries. NEBOSH qualifications are widely accepted and recognised by the relevant professional membership bodies. These include the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) and the Chartered Institution of Water and Environmental Management (CIWEM). Obtaining a NEBOSH….

    The British Safety Council Level 2 Award in DSE Risk Assessment

    Many courses have been created to help those in managerial and similar positions to understand the importance of health and safety in the workplace. There are many different areas to focus on depending on the nature of the workplace and even things such as screens can present potential hazards if the health and safety implications….

    Heavy lifting injury advice

    Accident Advice Helpline is always ready to help people injured through no fault of their own and you can call us at any time for heavy lifting injury advice. Accidents of this sort are responsible for a worryingly high percentage of workplace injuries, given that they are mostly preventable. Employers have a specific responsibility to….

    Who’s to blame for my manual handling injury?

    Did you know that between 2013 and 2014, 909,000 work days were lost to handling injuries, with almost 25% of reported injuries caused by manual handling? Whether you work in a warehouse, on a construction site or in a shop, you could suffer manual handling injuries if you don’t receive the training or equipment needed….

    Compensation for incomplete risk assessments

    Risk assessments are an important part of any business. The idea is that they are performed before any particular job is completed. For example perhaps a warehouse needs some roof repairs completed. Before the roofers begin the work a risk assessment should be performed to assess where the potential risks may lie. The assessment can….

    The BSC International Diploma in Occupational Safety and Health

    Taking an advanced course in health and safety allows employers in any industry to teach employees how to prevent accidents and injuries on an everyday basis. Everyone in a senior position should be able to put best practices into play to ensure the safety of all employees and visitors to their place of work. This….

    I have received no training – is my employer responsible?

    Whatever type of work you are expected to do, you should be fully trained to do it. This gives the question, ‘is my employer responsible?’, a resounding answer of ‘yes’. Training is essential for anyone who is working, from the most basic tasks to the most complicated processes. After all, you cannot do a job….

    Top 5 dangers of working in a bakery

    There is nothing as good as the aroma of freshly baked bread, especially first thing in the morning. However, bakers have to get up very early to make sure we can buy bread from the break of the day. They have an intense workplace to work in too, and there are numerous dangers of working….

    Why companies need a workplace accident book

    No two companies are the same, and even if several companies sell the same product or have identical business models, each company will have their own style, personality and work ethic. Yet what every single company in the UK needs to have is a workplace accident book or equivalent to log all accidents which happen….

    The British Safety Council Level 6 Diploma in Occupational Safety and Health

    This qualification is aimed at people whose job it is to directly oversee the delivery of health and safety measures in their workplace. It is provided either as a course with classroom teaching (centres in Manchester, Birmingham and London on set dates throughout the year); in-house training, which is particularly helpful in certain circumstances with….

    What is the Health and Safety Executive?

    The Health and Safety Executive (HSE) is the UK’s national independent watchdog for safety, health and illness at work. The Health and Safety Executive works in the public interest to reduce serious injury and death at work across the United Kingdom. What does the HSE do? The HSE’s campaigns address workplace dangers such as asbestos,….

    Employers insurance

    Do I Need Employers Insurance? Most employers need employers insurance, normally called Employer’s Liability insurance. In the UK it is, with a few exceptions, compulsory to have employers insurance if you employ anyone. You are responsible for the health and safety of your employees whilst they are at work and the insurance is meant to….

    Employer liability

    What Constitutes Employer Liability Within UK law there are a number of things that give rise to employer liability. Health and Safety You are required to ensure the health and safety of your employees whilst they are at work.  This does not just involve creating a safe working environment, it also means making sure that….

    Employee liability

    Is there an Employee Liability? Your employer has certain responsibilities towards their staff, they have to make sure you have a safe work environment, they have to make sure you have enough room to work in comfortably, they have to make sure you take proper breaks during the working day, they have to make sure….

    Accident report book

    The Accident Report Book And Your Workplace Where ten or more people are employed at any one time by a business, any and all injuries to employees, regardless of how minor they may appear, must be recorded in an accident report book kept on the premises, as required by the Social Security (Claims and Payments)….

    Lack of safety at work and related injuries

    Has lack of safety at work and related injuries caused you to be ill? Whether or not we enjoy our job, we should all be entitled to be kept as safe as possible while we’re at work. If lack of safety at work and related injuries have caused you to be ill then you need some….

    Employees rights

    Employees rights Employees have a number of rights that are set out in laws and regulations. The laws change over time but some rights still remain in place. They also have the right to be safe when they are at work and the employer has a duty to protect the health, safety and welfare of….

    Accurate accident reporting

    Accurate accident reporting will help your compensation claim An accident is an unplanned event that results in injury, damage to property or some other loss. It is a requirement by law that most accidents that occur at work should be reported to the local authority or to the Health and Safety Executive. At the very….

    Accident book claim

    Accident book claim If you have been hurt in the workplace within the last three years or you have developed an illness as a direct result of the job you do, then you may be able to receive compensation as a result of an injury work claim.  However, due to the delicate nature of the….

    Accident reports for a compensation claim

    It really is important not to give yourself a hard time when it comes to a certain point further down the line with your injury accident claim. Clear and defined details of the incident are essential for success in or out of the civil court, so immediately start taking notes. Don’t leave it until it’s….

    Accident book information

    Looking for accident book information? Workplaces that employ 10 or more people are required by UK law to have an accident book, to log any incidents that have happened in the workplace. For workplaces with less than 10 people, an accident book is still recommended. It typically serves two purposes: To allow the employer oversight….

    Accident reporting forms

    If you have had an accident that was not your fault, whether at work, on the roads, or in a public building, accident reporting forms will be an important part of your case if you decide to make a claim for compensation. There may be more than one of these forms as employers are required….

    Accident Report Forms

    Accident Report Forms Accident Advice Helpline process thousands of personal injury compensation claims every year and the types of accidents that we deal with range from accidents at work, to slips, trips and falls and road traffic accidents. Some of the most important documents used by our legal partners in a compensation claim are accident….

    Accident books

    Accident books are a method of recording accidents that have occurred in work places and sometimes in places where members of the public visit e.g. shops, cinemas and restaurants. However, not all accidents are entered into accident books. Accident books and road traffic accidents If you have been involved in a road traffic accident that was not….

    Accidents due to a lack of safety at work

    Are you concerned about accidents due to a lack of safety at work? If you have suffered injuries as the result of a workplace accident that was not your fault, you may be able to claim accident at work compensation. By phoning our dedicated helpline you can find out if you are eligible to make….

    Health and safety

    Proper health and safety at work is essential. There are increasing obligations on employers to look after their employees, and with the diversity of heavy industry and manufacturing processes comes, unfortunately, a greater variety of risks for employees. Workplace health and safety In the light of the society in which we live, it’s essential that employers take care….

    1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 11

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.