How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Carpal tunnel syndrome advice

    We at Accident Advice Helpline receive many calls from people seeking carpal tunnel syndrome claim advice. Most of these individuals have contracted carpal tunnel syndrome (CTS) as a result of their occupations.

    If you have developed this painful condition due to the work you do, we can help you claim compensation from your employer. However, it is advisable to first get a better understanding of CTS and the claim process.

    Who is at risk of developing carpal tunnel syndrome?

    You are at an increased risk of developing CTS if your work involves making small repetitive wrist movements for extended periods of time. You can also develop CTS if your job involves operating vibrating tools. Those most affected by this condition include:

    • Employees who work on computers for long periods.
    • Road maintenance workers or machine operators who handle vibrating equipment.
    • Assembly line workers or those who work in packaging industries.
    • Kitchen staff.

    The most common symptoms associated with CTS include wrist pain, numbness, weakness and throbbing. Severe cases of CTS may require surgery.

    CTS and your job

    At Accident Advice Helpline, we understand that employees can sometimes be wary of making compensation claims against their employers. However, this should not be the case, since your employer is required to ensure your working environment is healthy and safe. If your occupation is responsible for your injury then you are within your rights to demand compensation from your employer and you should not be victimised for doing so.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Furthermore, your employer should have a valid liability insurance policy to handle employee compensation cases. This means that your employer’s insurance company will pay your compensation.

    Steps in making a carpal tunnel syndrome compensation claim:

    1. It is important to ensure that your injury is entered into your company’s accident book as soon as it happens.
    2. The next step is to seek medical treatment for your injury and to receive confirmation that you have carpal tunnel syndrome. Ensure that you retain a copy of the medical report if possible.
    3. Keep a diary of your injuries and recovery. It is also advisable to keep a record of all expenses you incur as a result of your injury. These items will come in handy when making a compensation claim.
    4. Speak to a personal injury solicitor as soon as possible. You need to contact a solicitor who is experienced in handling carpal tunnel syndrome cases, which is where we at Accident Advice Helpline can be of assistance. Since we work with a large team of solicitors across the UK, we can put you in contact with one who is qualified to deal with your case. Your solicitor will negotiate with the defendant on your behalf and provide any other legal support you might require.

    If you would like to receive more advice on carpal tunnel syndrome compensation claims, call our free 24-hour helpline on 0800 689 0500.

    One of our professional and friendly advisers will go through the details of your case and advise you on how best to proceed.

    Date Published: November 3, 2013

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.