How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Car Accident Swap Details: Name / Address of Registered Keeper

    Car Accident Swap Details: Name / Address of Registered Keeper

    At Accident Advice Helpline, we have experience in all areas of personal injury law and are experts in assisting with claims regarding road traffic accidents. Being involved in a road traffic collision can be an extremely stressful and traumatic experience, that’s why at Accident Advice Helpline, we provide these handy guides so you know what to do in the event of a car crash.

    Name/Address of Registered Keeper

    It is sometimes the case where the driver of the other vehicle may not necessarily be the registered owner of the vehicle involved and can potentially act quite unreasonably. Ensure that you note, in the event of an accident, if the registered owner or keeper of the vehicle is not the driver as he or she is still responsible for providing this information to the police. It is an offence not to provide the details of another driver who may have had the use of your vehicle.

    Taking A Note of the Registration

    The age of the smartphone is a wonderful thing. Most modern phones are equipped with cameras with the ability to take quality photographs – these can be used to capture and gather evidence in the event of a traffic accident. The most important piece of information to obtain is the registration of the other vehicle involved. Even if the driver does not supply you with information on who they are, the police can check the registered owner or keeper of the vehicle through the DVA’s database, through the use of the vehicle’s registration. Always take a picture of the registration if possible, and write it down where this is not possible.

    If you’ve been involved in a collision with another driver who wasn’t the registered owner or keeper of the vehicle and it was within the last three years and wasn’t your fault, then you may be entitled to claim compensation. Contact Accident Advice Helpline today for more information. Our lines are open 24/7 and are staffed by friendly, professional advisors who are just waiting to take your call. All claims are made on a 100 per cent no-win-no-fee** basis and you are under no obligation to proceed with any claims that may be discussed over the phone. Any amounts discussed are guideline amounts only and may not accurately reflect the total sum of any final pay-out.

    Date Published: January 9, 2014

    Open Claim Calculator

    Author: David Brown

    Category: Car accident claims

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.