How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    What to do if a car accident injures your child

    Being in a car accident of any kind can be a stressful and frightening experience. If your child was in such an accident, it can be even more frightening for you than if you were in an accident yourself.

    When a car accident injures your child, it can potentially happen in one of two ways. For instance, your child could be hit by a car while walking along the pavement or crossing the road. On the other hand, they might be a passenger in a car when it is hit by another vehicle. Either way, injuries could potentially be suffered – ranging from minor ones to those that are more serious.

    When a car accident injures your child, what steps should you take next?

    Of course, the first thing will always be to seek medical help for your child. Someone else may do this if you are not with them at the time. In this case, you will very likely meet with them at the hospital or in A&E, depending on the nature of the accident, when and where it happens and when you can get there.

    If you are involved in the same accident, make sure you get as many details of what happened as you can. Doing this at the time is sensible, as is taking photos of the damage and of the scene. This could potentially be helpful later on if you decide to try and claim compensation. This might be possible if you can prove someone else was responsible for injuring your child.

    Finding appropriate sources of help and advice

    Getting advice in a situation like this is an excellent idea. After your child’s injuries have been dealt with and you know they are on the mend, you can begin to consider whether a compensation claim might be in order. Getting expert, no-obligation advice is your best bet, as this does not put you in a situation where you have to pay for anything upfront.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Calling Accident Advice Helpline is the best move, as you can do so without charge on 0800 689 0500. This is a 24/7 enquiry line and you can call to see whether you do have a chance to make a no win, no fee* claim. You may be able to do this on behalf of your child, so call now to find out for certain.

    Date Published: February 16, 2016

    Author: Allison Whitehead

    Category: Car accident claims

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.