How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    What to do if you can’t work through injury

    Most of us will take a day off sick every now and again. A 24-hour bug, perhaps a case of the flu or something similar – whatever the case may be, the odd day off is almost unavoidable. However, some people have experienced times when they have been unable to work because they have sustained an injury of some kind. This may have occurred while they were at work.

    In this situation, the fact that you can’t work through injury is more concerning. You may wonder if your employer will discipline you for having time off work, particularly if you have been off sick for some time. In reality though, you should consider the circumstances surrounding your injury, so you can work out where you stand.

    How did the injury occur?

    When someone can’t work through injury, it is imperative to work out how the injury occurred and whether someone else may potentially have been responsible for it happening in the first place. If this is the case, you may have a chance to make a claim for compensation. This could potentially cover any financial losses you have suffered that stemmed directly from the injury itself.

    For example, let’s say you had to fund trips to the hospital in order to receive treatment. You may keep these receipts and put them in as part of your compensation claim. Furthermore, if you lose out financially because you are not paid your regular wage, this could also be taken into account.

    Always seek professional legal advice

    You should always notify your employer of your accident and how it occurred, and make sure it is recorded in the accident book. However, you should also ensure you get medical attention for your injuries. This could be first aid, or it could mean a trip to your GP or to A&E, depending on how bad the injury is. Getting a medical record of the injury is important, so you can make sure you have evidence of having seen a professional.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Accident Advice Helpline can also provide expert help. If you call our team on 0800 689 0500, you can discover whether a no win, no fee* compensation claim might be a success for you. We could put you together with a lawyer who could help win your case on your behalf, so make that initial free call to us today.

    Date Published: February 16, 2016

    Author: Allison Whitehead

    Category: Accident at work claim

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.