How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Can I take my dentist to court?

    Can I take my dentist to court?

    If you have suffered an injury as a result of dental malpractice, you may be considering taking your dentist to court. The claims process for personal injury compensation claims can be a complicated one, particularly in the case of dental negligence or medical negligence claims, and you’ll need the services of a professional personal injury compensation lawyer.

    What is dental negligence?

    Here are some of the most common mistakes made by dentists, which could constitute dental negligence:

    • Failure to treat decay or gum disease
    • Cosmetic dentistry errors including poorly-fitted implants
    • Extraction errors such as removing the wrong tooth
    • Poor root canal treatment
    • Inadequate fillings or crowns

    If you have suffered physical pain, emotional trauma and even loss of earnings as a result of any of the above, the next step may be to make a claim for compensation.

    Do I need to go to court?

    Most dental negligence claims can be resolved early on, with no need for court proceedings to commence. Accident Advice Helpline can usually settle most claims over the phone. If your dentist resists a claim or new information comes to light which could affect your claim’s validity, then court proceedings may be necessary. If you do have to go to court, you’ll be required to provide evidence of any financial loss incurred due to dental negligence, for example, loss of earnings or treatment expenses. An independent dental expert is usually appointed to provide a medical report which explains why they think your treatment was negligent and how this directly caused your injury. It’s very rare for dental malpractice cases to reach trial stage, as most cases will settle before this happens.

    How we can help

    Here at Accident Advice Helpline, we can get the ball rolling on your dental negligence claim or simply offer you confidential advice, with no-obligation to proceed. Our advice line is open 24/7 and it’s free to call, and if you do decide to proceed with a claim, we offer a 100% no win, no fee** service. With years of experience in the personal injury compensation industry, we’re accredited by the Association of Personal Injury Lawyers and Lexcel, the Law Society’s practice management standard, so you know you can trust us to provide you with a professional service. Take the 30-second test on our website to find out how much you could claim, and then give us a call today; we’ll normally be able to tell you within 30 seconds whether your claim is viable.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Category: Medical negligence claim

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.