Start your claim

Starting your claim with us is both quick and simple using our online claim form
Was the accident your fault?
Did you receive medical attention?


Can I sue for health and safety negligence?

Health and safety negligence is a broad term which can apply to an employer, a public place or even a landlord. For example, if you’re injured whilst visiting someone in hospital or shopping in a shopping centre due to health and safety negligence, you could claim for compensation.

Landlords could be deemed to be negligent of health and safety if they fail to meet their responsibilities; providing their tenants with a home which is safe and fit for habitation, and that includes any furnishings and equipment they include as part of the tenancy.

Claiming for health and safety negligence

If you’ve been injured and you believe that health and safety negligence was to blame, you may be able to claim for compensation. You’ll need to prove that the negligence led directly to your accident or injury, and that could have been avoided had the individual(s) in question not been negligent of health and safety. It’s important to seek advice from a professional personal injury compensation lawyer, who is experienced in health and safety negligence claims, and to keep records of your medical treatment, photos and other supporting information which could help your claim.

Examples of health and safety negligence

The following are some examples of situations in which you could claim compensation for health and safety negligence:

  • A slip, trip, or fall in a shopping centre due to slippery or loose flooring
  • An injury at work due to faulty equipment
  • An accident at home caused by faulty appliances in a rented property
  • An accident at work where personal protective equipment was not made available to you

In all these cases, the employer, business owner or landlord has been negligent of their health and safety responsibilities.

How we can help

If you think you may have a viable claim, call Accident Advice Helpline straight away and we’ll be able to tell you whether you could claim or not.

Our helpline is free to call, and we’re open 24/7, offering confidential, no-obligation advice day and night, no matter what the situation.

If you decide to proceed with a claim, we offer a no win no fee service, and we’re accredited by Lexcel, the Law Society’s practice management standard, so you know that we offer a reliable, professional service you can trust.

Not to mention our patron is 0800 689 5659.