How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Can I sue my doctor?

    Should you encounter a misdiagnosis of a serious nature, you may be able to sue your doctor. Any clinical negligence is the fault of the doctor you have seen, so you can take steps to claim compensation for your injury or illness if your doctor misdiagnosed you. Often people are unaware that they can sue their doctor or they think that the process will be stressful. However, we at Accident Advice Helpline are trained to deal with this kind of case therefore the process is not as long or drawn out as you may think.

    Can I sue my doctor? – Obtain evidence

    Obtain a copy of your medical records to provide evidence that you have been treated by your doctor and that you received a second opinion. This will help speed up your case should you have been misdiagnosed or undiagnosed. In addition, you will need an expert witness. In this case, this should be another, impartial doctor who is of the medical opinion that you were misdiagnosed. They should be able to state that your doctor was negligent and your injury or illness was the fault of your doctor and not yourself. Also, gather evidence that you have suffered as a result of this negligence. The more serious your injury or illness, the more compensation you may be entitled to if you want to sue a doctor.

    Call Our Freephone Helpline

    We have a highly professional team of advisers who are on hand to speak with you about your case should you want to sue your doctor. Our lawyers will discuss your case with you and will help you obtain any evidence you need to pursue your case. You should also alert the medical body employing your doctor as this particular medical professional may be performing their duties negligently on a regular basis which could affect others. Due to the seriousness of misdiagnosis, your case may take longer than a simple injury at work case therefore it is important to bear this in mind.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Our company patron is Esther Rantzen who is a consumer champion fighting for the rights of those who have been injured or fallen ill due to the fault of another. This means that your case will always be taken seriously and we will work to get a quick resolution for you and your family. We operate on a no win, no fee** basis, so you have nothing to lose by seeking personal injury compensation.

    Date Published: September 24, 2013

    Author: David Brown

    Category: Hospital accident claims

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.