How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Can I sue a care home for compensation?

    Many elderly people live in care homes across the country, and in the overwhelming majority of instances, they are looked after to the highest of standards. The services provided by care homes are usually outstanding, and many people are happy their family members are in good homes that provide care, entertainment, and a good place to live. It is highly unlikely you would ever find yourself with the possibility to sue a care home for any reason.

    However, since you are reading this, there is a chance you may have found yourself in a situation whereby this could be a possibility. If so, read on, because we have explored this topic a little for you. You can then decide whether you may wish to get in touch with us to learn more.

    Why might you sue a care home?

    If you have a relative staying in a care home and they have recently been injured there, you may wonder why the injury occurred. If you suspect negligence was to blame, you could be well placed to make a claim on behalf of your relative.

    Negligence must be proven to have occurred for a claim to have a chance of being found in your favour. Thus, you can see how important it is to speak to someone who has already handled similar claims. They will know how to investigate the claim and how to identify whether there is evidence that supports your theory that someone else was to blame for any injuries suffered by your relative or loved one in the home.

    Can we help you?

    Many people assume we only cater for those who have been hurt in accidents caused by third parties. Our name, Accident Advice Helpline, does lend itself to that belief. However, we may be able to assist you if you wish to try and sue a care home following an act of negligence, even if you are calling on behalf of a family member.

    Open Claim Calculator

    To find out whether you could make a claim, simply call us today on 0800 689 0500. If you’re ringing from your mobile phone, call 0333 500 0993 instead. When you get in touch, you will find out why so many others have chosen us, for our no-obligation, friendly advice, and our experienced and courteous advisors. Could one of our lawyers soon take on your claim?

    Date Published: March 30, 2017

    Author: Rob Steen

    Category: Personal injury claims

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.