How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Can I claim for a train accident abroad?

    Being involved in a train accident, regardless of whether it takes place in the UK or abroad, can leave a person with serious physical and psychiatric injuries. Although holidays should be enjoyable experiences, the people involved in train crashes whilst on holiday will remember that horrible event for the rest of their lives. If you have been unfortunate enough to suffer a train accident whilst holidaying abroad, and ‘Can I claim for a train accident abroad?’ is one of the many questions you are asking yourself right now, then you should know that you have arrived at the best possible information point regarding train accident abroad claims.

    Your right to compensation

    For many people, understanding whether or not they have a right to claim compensation for the pain and suffering caused by someone else is quite complicated. Below, you can find out everything that you need to know in order answer questions such as ‘Can I claim for a train accident abroad?” and ‘How can I file such a claim?’

    Travel accident compensation claims are brought under the Package Travel, Package Holidays and Package Tour Regulations 1992. Under these regulations, holiday tour operators must comply with strict responsibilities in relation to the health and safety of all those taking part in specific activities booked as part of a holiday deal. If you have had an accident whilst travelling with a train operating company assigned by your travel agent, you can bring a compensation claim against that tour operator in the UK.

    To be on the safe side, it is critical to seek medical care and report the accident as soon as practically possible. If you become aware of any injury later, you should contact legal and medical advisors. A whiplash injury, for example, may develop either overnight or within a few days of the accident. If something like this happens, you should also contact the police and ask them to add this information to the accident report. Similarly, if you develop a psychiatric condition as a result of a specific travel accident abroad, make sure that you report your symptoms to the appropriate authorities, such as your doctor, your lawyer, and the police. If the accident resulted from a criminal action, full co-operation with the police during the investigation may help you to obtain a higher compensation award.

    Who can handle your case?

    No matter how complex your case may seem, the personal injury solicitors at Accident Advice Helpline are able to provide you with expert advice. Furthermore, our lawyers are sympathetic to your plight and dedicated to obtaining the highest compensation award available for your case. To help you understand each stage of the claim process, we aim to make everything simple and straightforward. A competent personal injury lawyer specialising in travel accident compensation claims will handle your case and answer any questions that you may have. They will keep you informed throughout the entire legal process.

    Open Claim Calculator

    In conclusion, if you have sustained injuries because of a train accident abroad, we may be able to help you. Call Accident Advice Helpline on 0800 689 0500 and allow our legal experts to take care of your train accident compensation claim.

    Date Published: February 15, 2014

    Author: David Brown

    Category: Train accident claim

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.