How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Can I claim for a Scuba diving accident?

    When we are asked, “Can I claim for a scuba diving accident?” the simple answer is yes, because such incidents are dealt with under the broad heading of ‘holiday accident claims’. They are extremely varied, ranging from road, air and sea travel accident claims to trips, falls, sporting accidents, illnesses and general holiday complaints.

    Making a successful claim

    To make a successful claim for a scuba diving accident you have to prove that a third party is responsible for your injury. Additionally, you must have reported the accident to your travel agent, noted the details of the accident, taken photographs of the scene and recorded the names and contact details of witnesses to the accident immediately after it occurred. If you intend to claim compensation for treatment, prescription and travelling expenses, it is also imperative to present receipts as evidence.

    The correct way to handle your claim

    Here at Accident Advice Helpline, we have a team of solicitors who are experts in personal injury matters, including injuries resulting from scuba diving accidents. Since we are aware that an injury, regardless of its nature, sustained through the negligence of another party can cause distress and inconvenience, we are ready to analyse your case in order to decide whether or not you have a valid claim. Furthermore, we can help you file a compensation claim even if you were injured whilst holidaying overseas.

    However, making a personal injury compensation claim for an accident abroad can be quite difficult. This is because all compensation claims relating to accidents that happen abroad are subject to the law of the country where they occurred. This aspect affects not only your right to file a claim for compensation, but also the amount you are entitled to receive for your injury.

    Fortunately, the 1992 Package Travel Regulations were introduced to help individuals who have suffered accidents whilst holidaying abroad to file compensation claims for various injuries, including those relating to scuba diving. According to UK law, tour operators, hotel staff and any company involved in a holiday activity have a duty of care to provide a safe service. If these parties fail to act in accordance with their obligations you have the legal right to file a compensation claim against them.

    Open Claim Calculator

    How Accident Advice Helpline can help you

    If you have suffered a scuba diving injury as a result of an accident that was not your fault, we can help you make a compensation claim. If the incident took place in the UK your claim will be handled in the same way as any other personal injury claim; if it happened abroad, other rules may apply.

    For instance, our personal injury solicitors can help you file a compensation claim for a scuba diving accident against your tour operator only if the holiday was part of a package deal provided in the UK. If you booked the holiday through a foreign travel agent you may still be able to file a claim for compensation against that tour operator, but it will be more complicated than claiming against a local agent.

    We will be happy to provide you with a detailed answer to the question, “Can I claim for a scuba diving accident?” All you have to do is either complete our online claim form or contact us by calling our toll-free number 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile phone.

    Date Published: January 1, 2014

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.