How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Can I claim for a fire abroad injury?

    If the question, “Can I claim for a fire abroad injury?” is on your mind right now, it is important to know that you can file a claim for compensation for almost any accident or illness that has happened abroad through no fault of your own. To make sure that you have a valid claim, a legal specialist should review your case before a definite decision can be made.

    Your guide to an accident abroad claim

    If you have been involved in a fire accident abroad and got seriously injured, it is essential to seek specialist legal advice as soon as reasonably possible. The reason for this is that accident abroad claims fall under a specialised area of the law, which requires claimants and their representatives to comply with a series of regulations, including meeting certain time limits.

    A personal injury solicitor with extensive experience acting on behalf of UK citizens injured abroad can help you bring your claim in British courts. According to the Rome II convention, a European claimant can take legal action against the people at fault for his injuries in his home country courts. However, this convention applies only if it makes sense to take your case to a domestic court. Thus, hiring an experienced solicitor who can convince the authorities that it does make sense to take your claim in front of a domestic judge is imperative to have your case heard in the UK.

    Claiming fire abroad injury compensation

    If you still wonder, “Can I claim for a fire abroad injury?” you must be aware of a critical aspect: to have a successful claim, you need to prove that another person is responsible for your injury. Since the fire accident happened abroad, the persons responsible for your accident could be your employer, if you were working in a foreign country, or the travel agency through which you booked your holiday package, if you have been injured whilst on holiday abroad.

    Under UK law, the injured party must report the accident as soon as possible to the employer or travel agent for a claim to be valid. In addition, he or she must record the details of the accident, get the contact details of eyewitnesses, and take photographs of the scene. If you have failed to complete these tasks, proving the circumstances that led to the accident causing your injury is almost impossible. On the other side, if you have done all these, the only thing you now have to do is to approach our personal injury solicitors who are qualified to handle any personal injury case, regardless of where the accident occurred.

    Open Claim Calculator

    If you would like our specialists to review the circumstances of your case, please feel free to contact us by calling 0800 689 0500. At Accident Advice Helpline, our professional solicitors not only have extensive experience with fire accident abroad claims, but they also work with the best foreign law firms, also specialising in personal injury matters. In recent years, we have been behind numerous fire accident abroad claims, and we are proud to inform you that all claimants have received rightful monetary compensation for their suffering.

    Date Published: January 1, 2014

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.