How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Can I claim for an accident as a stonemason?

    In order to make a successful compensation claim for an injury resulting from a work-related accident, it is very important to speak with our expert lawyers, who have extensive experience and knowledge in different areas of personal injury law. Since you are asking yourself, “Can I claim for an accident as a stonemason?” it is likely you need some information about your legal right to compensation. Do not worry, our experts are here to help.

    Was the accident your fault?

    Whilst at work, your employer has a duty to protect you. This means that he or she must explain to you the health and safety rules especially developed for the environment in which you work and provide you with personal protective equipment suitable for the work that needs to be done. In addition, he or she must ensure that you received appropriate training before asking you to perform a certain job. If you have been seriously injured, your employer must report the accident to the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) and cover the sick pay you are entitled to. This is applicable in all cases, even if your employer took all possible safety precautions to avoid an accident at work.

    Reporting the accident – is it important?

    When an accident at work occurs, workers must also comply with specific rules. One of these rules requires them to report the accident to their employers as soon as practically possible. Once you report the accident, your employer must record it in the company’s accident book. Having the accident logged in the accident book is beneficial to you, as it provides a useful record of the event and resulting injuries. This aspect is critical if you intend to claim compensation later on, because it delivers the proof you need in order to have a valid claim.

    Claiming compensation

    It is necessary to know that a claim for work-related injuries must be made within three years of the date of the accident. Further, you will normally need a lawyer to represent you. Although you may pursue the claim yourself, there are many legal aspects that you might not know. If you fail to comply with the rules established by the Workmen’s Compensation Act 1979, you may lose even if you have a valid claim. If you belong to a trade union, you can approach their legal service. Otherwise, you should get in touch with a legal expert with vast experience in work accident injury claims.

    If you are looking for a proficient personal injury solicitor who can handle your case, you should approach our team of professionals at Accident Advice Helpline. Our lawyers are ready to take your case on a no-win, no-fee basis, which means that you will have no financial worries. We operate on this basis because we believe that any worker who has suffered physical and psychological damage due to someone else’s negligence deserves adequate recompense.

    Open Claim Calculator

    With more than 13 years of experience handling work injury compensation claims, we have plenty of expertise to secure a favourable outcome. Contact us today on our freephone number – 0800 689 0500 – to get the best possible compensation award for your suffering.

    Date Published: February 9, 2014

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.